Unexpected emotions....grief?

Old 05-09-2009, 06:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unexpected emotions....grief?

Today, I have an unexpected feeling of sadness. Partly because it's Mother's Day weekend and my STBXAH has spent the day looking for a place to live and packing his things and all I can think about is the pain my kids will feel. Partly because he has chosen a house that is a full hour away and I know I have to let it be his decision. I'd like to slip right back into controlling everything, making sure he was close by to see the kids often and be a part of their lives. I found a nice place close by, but this has to be his decision and I know that.

His dream has always been to have a place in the country where he can hunt and fish, and I believe he has found that. I'm working really hard to accept the things I cannot change. I'm trying to find a way to be happy for him, to wish nothing but the best for him. I need to trust that this could be the thing that brings us all peace. I'm not sure what I'm really trying to say, but tonight I'm feeling a little blue. It is becoming very real.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
gns

I am sorry blessed. It sounds like a hard weekend.
In my life change has been hard and sad but most of the time better in the end. I wish the same for you - that this change does bring you and your family happiness and peace
Old 05-09-2009, 06:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry. I hope you feel better.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not the best Mother's Day weekend for you. I hope by travelling through this time, you are blessed with a joyous Mother's Day next year when today seems worlds away.

Thinking of you.

Alice
Old 05-09-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Blessed,

I am sorry your weekend is painful.

I expect there will be a period of mourning you'll have to wade through as this becomes real. I also know that your life will become so much more peaceful and rich once you've given yourself a chance to wade through it.

Hugs to you - we are here for you

GL
Old 05-10-2009, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I totally understand where you are coming from as I am going through this too. I too have days where I feel sad. Just hang in there and take care of yourself and the kids - and your recovery.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are feeling down. You know you are doing the right thing.
There is a slogan "This too shall pass" I hate it but its true. With luck next Mothers day will be good.

I'm leaving to take flowers to my Moms grave in a few minutes. AH was going to go with me but he is out looking at a target rifle and has forgotten all about going with me. So...... be strong.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((((blessed))))

The first everything after a separation/divorce hurts. The death of the dream of a happy intact family. It gets easier, but it's still painful for me when I think of my children and what they will never have.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all! Today was a little better. Took the teenage son out for some driving practice and returned with no more gray hairs than I left with...

I received some money from my mom and mother-in-law for Mother's Day so I went shopping and bought some beautiful flowers to fill the empty pots on my deck as well as a few hanging baskets and a hummingbird feeder. My STBXAH spent today trimming bushes and doing yard work and is now out looking for a place a little closer. So today I can be grateful for the beauty of nature and rest assured that whatever God's plan is for my family, we are in the palm of His hand.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

:ghug3
Old 05-11-2009, 04:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Was feeling a bit down as I had not been able to get my mum on the phone to wish her a happy mother's day. Got to church and suddenly realised that my dearest friend was about to have her first Mother's day with no call from her only son. He committed suicide just before Christmas. Suddenly I felt so blessed and offered up my prayers and mass for those who were spending this day with heavy hearts because of lost mums or children. I got thru to my darling mum later and thank God for still having her with me, as she is nearly 98.

God bless