Bad bad days...

Old 04-29-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad bad days...

Hi everybody, I am here again.

I was doing fine since a while. I start feeling depressed, lost and lonely.
His drinking becomes more heavy, he also forgot everything that he did the night before and when he wakes up he acts like nothing happened. And there's where I start remember all the things that he does that bothers me.

It really hurts inside and cannot make it stop.

And now he is angry with me because I am not acting like I used to do. I am not cleaning his mess, washing his cloths, leaving him the food in the fridge, talking to him, etc. I just try to focus on my own and it is so hard.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is very hard to break those old habits, luli. But as they say here "nothing changes if nothing changes".

If you want to stop hurting, you have to move through this pain to a place where you respect and honor yourself. You hurt because your spirit knows you're letting yourself live in an unbearable situation. The more you practice taking steps to detach yourself from his choices, the easier this will get.

Do you have al-anon meetings there? I found those a precious source of support as I moved through the first terrible days of detachment.

Good luck
Old 04-30-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello there luli, and sorry you are feeling so bad

I agree, look for some meetings of al-anon. It really helped me to find people in real life that understood what I was going thru. And keep posting here, we can't see you in real life, but our hearts can see yours thru the internet

Mike (((( hugs ))))