What next?

Old 04-28-2009, 04:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What next?

Somehow, while taking a load of laundry down into the basement today, I managed to miss the last two steps. I came down hard on my left foot, rolled it, and hit my elbow/took the skin off of it when I finished falling.

I iced it for a couple of hours, then called the doctor's office because my whole foot is swollen, I have a huge bruise on top, and my ankle is ballooned out nicely.

I have torn the lateral collateral ligaments on my left ankle.

I had an ankle air splint that layed around here for 5 years of my youngest daughter's, and of course I tossed the damned thing late last year.

I needed to be typing notes and studying all day for my final in my coding class on Thursday, and this happens.

I'm not finding the humor in this today. I've got it wrapped, took some naproxen, and have ice on it and it still hurts like Haydes.

Oh, and my car is a standard shift and it's my left foot. It was excruciating to drive to the doctor's office.

Can I cry now?

End of whining session.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
Can I cry now?

End of whining session.
Yep, cry and whine away, you earned it. Ouch, that sounds painful, and not funny at all. Hope it heals quickly Dev, sending some healing thoughts and a hug your way
Old 04-28-2009, 04:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That sounds horrible. I hope you feel better.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The thought of using your injured foot to operate the clutch had me wincing. Sorry to hear of this, ((Dev)). Wish you lived closer, I would come finish the laundry for you and tell you funny stories to keep your mind off the pain.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Ouch sounds really painful. Sending little kisses for your boo boo.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((DeVon))

You're supposed to be STUDYING anatomy, sweetie, not INJURING it!!

I'm sorry...I wish I lived closer, too. I'd be honored to spoil you rotten for a while...you certainly have had a rough time, lately and you deserve it.

I'm sure you're already doing this, but keep the foot elevated okay?

Sending lots and lots of healing thoughts, hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-28-2009, 05:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

oh, Dev!....:ghug3
I'm so sorry...ouch
take good care of you...healing prayers on the way...
Old 04-28-2009, 05:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
gns

I'm sorry! I am sure you will do awesome on the final anyway!
Old 04-28-2009, 05:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
I'm sure you're already doing this, but keep the foot elevated okay?
It's propped up on my desk right now! Typing is a little awkward though. I'm printing out all my unit tests to study.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry about your injury, sure hope you feel better fast.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ouch!
Old 04-28-2009, 06:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

What next? Hopefully healing and a good final grade!!!!!
(((((freedom)))))
peace
b
Old 04-28-2009, 07:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hang in there, DeVon. I know you are one tough lady, and you will get through this.

Me? I'm studying the wily "split infinitive" for a presentation tomorrow at school, and I have a "splitting headache" to go with it! I feel your pain. I'll be happy to graduate where I can suffer my injuries and owies in peace!!!

:ghug3
Old 04-28-2009, 07:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sorry your going through that. I hate foot pain!!!
What are you going to school for??
Old 04-29-2009, 01:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi Freedom!
Can I whine too?

Its 3 40 AM and I am at the office working.

Of course common friends add me to the Facebook and sometimes I am able to separate their "friendship" to their "friendship with ex AH", but see pictures on the Highlights tab and they still hurt and I am back in The Last Months Pain, working, tired and crying while troubleshooting some problems... ughhhhhhhh yesterday I cried a lot just imagining I will spend the rest of my life avoiding ex AH and knowing what he does indirectly and it hurts not to contact him and I am still shocked and AHHHHHHHH

I do not want to delete them all, I am SURE they will go running to EX AH saying "OH LOOK, EVEN IF SHE IS IN A RELATIONSHIP, SHE IS STILL HURT BY THE ODD PICTURE OF YOU!! HAHAHAAH" and right now i dont want that to happen so i am acting cool and faking coolness... i wonder if im doing everything wrong????? LOL

Guess I will just obtain my friend's email addresses and contact them by email, I will try No Contact with the fAcebook world altogether!! and with The World for that matter, it will only be ME, SR, my therapist and my 2 newest friends that have nothing to do at all with ex AH!!

One common friend wants to chat a lot with me, do stuff etc but he is such a huge trigger for me... how do I tell him I do not want his friendship because of pain by association????? ARGHHHHHHHHh

AND I've got faringitis. AND I've got to deliver a paper by COB tomorrow. AND I should not be working my on call rotation, but my peer has worked too much and he has helped me before, so here I am and will keep being his backup even if its Labor day this friday and everyone else BUT ME will be resting.

AND I had already bought an air ticket to Mex city, but as I am ill I decided not to travel. So won't see friends or my mom. Will stay at my flat coughing!!

Did I mention I do not have Internet at home yet? So I have to drive to the office whenever a problem arises.

Its almost 4 AM. I am tired, ill and have to wake up at 8 AM to explain why things do not work.

Sorry Freedom. This too shall pass. This is all temporary, we will be healthy and back on track very soon!!!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 01:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Awwwh that is a horrible thing to happen. Sending you lots of healing hugs. What next I think is that you have a break enforced upon you so you are made to take things easy and put your feet up (even if one is very sore....)

I broke a metarsal in my left foor a while ago and I can remember the horrible pain and the limping fragility I had for ages, 'twas all my own fault though going out in unsuitable footwear.

Leave the laundry a while and study the best you can from your reclined position.

xxxxxx
Old 04-29-2009, 01:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Dreamer, you sound frazzled!

Facebook is evil, I feel my stomach flip everytime the most casual of mutual friends post photos, remove them or block them, if they are genuine friends they would understand.

I hope all your work gets sorted and you leave your office before stupid o'clock. It's 10am here in the UK and I feel tired and aggrieved having to be in mine now!

Lots of hugs and love, it will all sort itself out in the end, listen to your own words, 'this too shall pass'

xxxxxxx
Old 04-29-2009, 02:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
TRying New LifE

I hear ya. I have broken my feet 4 separate times due to skateboarding accidents, and these would always come at the best time. Whoever said :When it rains.... It pours! . .. . .. . Stay Up.. . .. . . . ............Z

P.S: Make sure to follow daily Rest
Ice(If Swollen)
Compression
Elevation
Tactics. They will be most helpful
Old 04-29-2009, 02:05 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
TRying New LifE

it can always be better

Best of luck to your healing. Ankles can be slow but they always get better. Just give it time, and take your time. There is no need to hurry.. . .. . ...........Z
Old 04-29-2009, 02:12 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Oh my......gentle

can you find a "driver friend"
or a ride or a taxi
for necessary trips?

I can no longer drive
so depend on my program friends
for so many things.

I'm sorry this happened