Another blessing..it's keeping me going

Old 04-28-2009, 06:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another blessing..it's keeping me going

Hi everyone
Well, the woman I rented the room from last weekend - I have to get out of my house every weekend to get away from RAH that I'm separating from - she rang me last night to ask could I possibly house & dog sit for her this weekend in return for free accommodation!

I couldn't believe my luck. This is a long Holiday weekend coming up so I have to be gone from Friday to Monday night and I was relectanct to go to my sister's as my welcome is little thin there just now. I had such a great time in this woman's house ,so peaceful and relaxing, and we went to brunch on Sunday and popped into an antiques auction that was on.

I'd never been to one - it was such fun and she bought a beautiful table.

Isnt it amazing she trusts me with her house and beloved dogs after only knowing me a few days? I can't explain how grateful I am for this.
I will be there alone but I don't mind that at all - I'll have peace and freedom and all I have to do is take care of two sweet dogs

Home is still a dark place but I just stay locked in my room when he's there - he's put a lock on his room now. Cant figure that one. But at least the verbal abuse has stopped and I just say hello or make arrangements for the car etc when I see him. My heart still pounds when he's in the house but today I have a lovely long free - in every sense- weekend to look forward to.
Oh, maybe the tide is turning.
Hugs to you all.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How Lovely Sophia! Enjoy your long and peaceful weekend (last weekend the weather was lovely here in England so fingers crossed for a repeat for you)

It's funny isn't it how things seem to happen just when you most need them.

I'm really pleased for you, sounds like you deserve the peace and quiet more than most.

x
Old 04-28-2009, 06:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I'm happy for you! :ghug :ghug :ghug
Old 04-28-2009, 06:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sophia, some people think this quote is Goethe, but it's actually that great Scot, mountaineer W.H.Murray:

“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way."

You are drawing these blessings to you by your commitment to a better life.

And a fine job you're doing, too

Old 04-28-2009, 07:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hello Sophia!!

No doubt God has send you an angel, and is protecting you through these difficult times.

I hope you enjoy the weekend taking care of the dogs, and visualizing what you want for yourself.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have a great, peaceful time Sophia
Old 04-28-2009, 06:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow how cool is that!!??
Breathe deep that peace!!
And keep opening your mind to all the possibilities of life - it's amazing how the road turns in unimagined directions when we reach our hand out in a new way and seek help!
peace-
b
Old 04-29-2009, 05:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Taking that first little step led you to that place for weekends. Being who you are has taken you a step further to where you are entrusted with care of her home. Now you will spend a lovely and peaceful 3 days alone, and get back to knowing the woman you are and making plans for the future. A future full of lovely, peaceful and happy days.

God bless
Old 04-29-2009, 11:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your lovely words and support. Taking these little steps make it seem less scary, this whole process can seem overwhelming if I think too far ahead.
So I'm just taking it one thing at a time and learning to accept help and kindness, and even ask for it which I've rarely done. Too proud, always thought I could fix things by myself. Finally I'm learning it's not weak to reach out.
This is a lesson in humiity as much as a blessing.
x