Wahtever happened to Reddmaxx

Old 04-26-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wahtever happened to Reddmaxx

I often wonder what happened to Reddmax and it quite upsets me really.

He never posts anymore and I wonder if it's because some people on here seemed to run out of patience with him and expressed that in their replies. All they needed to do was not respond or not read. There was no need to get infuritaed with him.

Does anyone hear from him ot know if he is okay? I hope he is okay and happy, wherever he is.

He seem's to have just disappeared.:
Old 04-26-2009, 05:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

His last post that I read reported that he had moved out of his house and left his AW.

The choice of how to respond goes both ways. Responders may become impatient, or the original poster may become impatient.

We have excellent moderators and greeters on this board who handle matters when they get out of hand and they feel responses are inappropriate.

Whether or not an individual decides to keep posting or leave is entirely their choice and an exercise of their own free will.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Rebecca

Originally Posted by Rebecca4 View Post
I often wonder what happened to Reddmax and it quite upsets me really..
I am sorry to hear that Redds silence upsets you. The overwhelming majority of people that post here on SR eventually move on. Some get into real life meetings of Al-anon, CODA or some such. Some get the answers they want. Some leave their alkie. Some decide to keep their alkie. Some get a new job, or go back to school, and on and on.

Originally Posted by Rebecca4 View Post
...He never posts anymore and I wonder if it's because some people on here seemed to run out of patience with him and expressed that in their replies. All they needed to do was not respond or not read. There was no need to get infuritaed with him....
One of the "symptoms" of co-dependency is an obsession to control others. Usually the alcoholic spouse, but here on SR you get to see that obsession directed at other co-dependents. The deeper a co-dependent is entraped in their disease of control, the easier they become exasperated at those who refuse to be controlled.

Which is why Sober Recovery has Moderators. We have the task of stepping in and yanking people away from each other when they get out of control. From time to time you may see angry posts that just "disapear", or angry people that become very quiet for a week or two. That's us moderators trying to keep the peace.

We are all volunteers. We have real lives outside of SR. Jobs, family, our own meetings of recovery, health problems, and so on. We can't be here 24/7, although we come pretty close to that. We can't read every single post the minute it pops up on the internet, but we also come very close to that. We have over 50 _thousand_ registered members, and we keep track of almost all of them. We can easily have over a thousand people on _at the same time_, and we manage to keep track of most of the conversations.

We have women who are being abused by their husbands _right now_. We have teens asking about their drunken parents, mothers desperate for their children, people on the verge of comitting suicide. Pretty much every week. Sometimes all of that on one day. People who's lives are in danger get our attention first, and sometimes there's just not enough of us volunteers to get around to every last obnoxious loud-mouth that is posting drivel.

We get to them tomorow, or maybe the day after.

There is so much healing going on every single day in SR. So many people drawing strength from each other, so many people finding hope, and courage to overcome the horrors of addiction. SR is truly a miracle online, that 50 thousand strangers can gather, reach out and together pull each other out into the light of recovery. We do get a few bad apples, but fortunately just a few. The other 50,000 are real gems.

I'll keep chasing the bad apples, Rebecca, that's my commitment here on SR. You keep sharing your experience, strength and hope and all of us together will keep this miracle working.

Mike
Moderator, SoberRecovery