So grateful..he's engaged a lawyer

Old 04-24-2009, 06:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So grateful..he's engaged a lawyer

Hi everyone
Those that know my story a bit will know I'm trying to separate from my RAH and it's been hell living in the house with him, but finally I've gotten a break and I'm so grateful to my HP.
He was served with notice of court proceedings this week and after intial bravado and threats and then the emotional blackmail, he finally enagaged a lawyer who obviously told him to back off bigtimeas there was a safety order mentioned, and he was warned not to contact my elderly parents.
Since Wednesday he's been quiet, almost civil, but I'm still staying in my room when he's in the house.
Also I've found a room I can rent for only 27 euro a night at weekends with a lovely Irish Canadian woman and her two dogs, as I was wearing out my welcome at my sister's.
I'm so so grateful for all this, I hope this is the turning point.
Thank you all so much for your support
x
Old 04-24-2009, 06:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sophia, I'm so glad to hear that. Your AH is a monster - I'm glad someone finally put a muzzle on that foul mouth of his. It will help you to get through what you need to get through.

As for your new room to rent -- how wonderful!!! It will be like a mini-vacation with your sweet dog every weekend, without the stressors of worrying about your sister's feelings.

I rented a room in someone's house for several months -- it had a fireplace, wood floors, bright windows. Even though it wasn't exactly "quiet" (she had dogs too) it was the most peaceful place for my soul that I could imagine.

Thanks for letting us know this good news!
Old 04-24-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for updating us, Sophia! Sounds like your HP is at work with you finding a nice weekend place! :ghug :ghug
Old 04-24-2009, 09:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Ohh Sophia, wow such great news, I am very happy for you!! Because I know you will be safe now.
(((((HUGS)))))))
Old 04-24-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sophia!! Great news.
Enjoy this weekend. I hope you can feel the weight lifting & breathe deep!
peace,
b
Old 04-24-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone! I'm here in my new retreat and it's great. Lovely house , lovely person who owns it and two lovely dogs...and I can use my laptop on her wireless broadband.
I've just been out for a burger and fries all by myself and sat in peace and freedom listening to the music. Now I can go to bed feeling safe and free.
I'm so grateful for this day, whatever the future holds, I know it will have morw days like this
x
Old 04-24-2009, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sending you big, big hugs across the sea :ghug3

What a lovely retreat you'll be able to look forward to each week...be sure to sleep in
Old 04-25-2009, 01:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's great news Sophia..

Keep safe and enjoy those lovely pockets of time away to recharge.. :ghug
Old 04-25-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I had the best day today! I just had to tell you all

I wandered in Dublin city centre, treated myself to some gorgeous new clothes, enjoyed the street entertainers, sat in the sun in the park and watched kids feedings the ducks and swans...played with the dogs and chatted to the woman who rents my room, talked to my friend on the phone, had a nap, went out by myself for a meal..and now my new landlady has asked me would I like to go out to breakfast with her in the morning!

So many unlooked-for blessings - I can hardly believe it.

I put this in my HP's hands and boy, has he come up trumps!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 03:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Whoooo hooo! Life is very short, enjoy each day!

Sounds like you did some wonderful things for yourself, this weekend!

CLMI
Old 04-25-2009, 03:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sophia57 View Post
I had the best day today! I just had to tell you all

I wandered in Dublin city centre, treated myself to some gorgeous new clothes, enjoyed the street entertainers, sat in the sun in the park and watched kids feedings the ducks and swans...played with the dogs and chatted to the woman who rents my room, talked to my friend on the phone, had a nap, went out by myself for a meal..and now my new landlady has asked me would I like to go out to breakfast with her in the morning!

So many unlooked-for blessings - I can hardly believe it.

I put this in my HP's hands and boy, has he come up trumps!!!
Sophia, such simple things to do in a day. It's only when you understand what brought you to appreciate them so much that you realise how amazing they are! I hear the ducks quacking at 5am every day, it's only recently I realised that there are two 5 o'clocks to a day and that the ducks are great!

Life is for living, I'm so glad you're starting to live yours. Enjoy it, that's what it's there for as far as I can gather