Some good things

Old 04-08-2009, 12:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Some good things

First, good things

AH tells me he is planning on going to his very first AA meeting Thursday night (I am cautiously optimistic about this). I am trying very carefully not to put too much energy into this as I know that change for me will come from me and the same will be true for him. Still...

I have been talking with a friend about the two of us starting our own business (used clothes for kids). We've knocked around this idea for months and I've always had this feeling that we'll never be able to do it, we won't have enough $$, etc. Last week I decided to take some of the energy I expend stressing out over AH and re-direct it to working on a business plan, looking at retail spaces and trying to get my head around what it will take to open this business. Sure enough less than a week later a family member came forward and offered me a good-sized loan to help start this business! We still have work to do in order to get things off the ground, but it really reminded me focusing on myself can bring about just the kind of change I need.

Having my own income will give me a freedom I haven't experienced in years!

I am grateful for my loving family and friends and ever hopeful...

Babs
Old 04-08-2009, 01:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck with your planned business! How exciting that must be.

I hope your AH is serious too. Has he stopped drinking?
Old 04-08-2009, 03:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hey babsy--
that's great that you were able to see the direct connection between wasted thoughts and energy on something (someone!) you cannot fix, to focused thought and energy on a thing you do have some control over: starting a business!

When I was a teenager there were two young moms in my neighborhood who started just such a business- used clothing and stuff for kids. It was very successful for about 10 years. It was called "Twice Upon a Time." They had great stuff - neatly organized and displayed and they made good money. Seems like a good time to launch this type of business both for ecological reasons (recycle!!) and economic reasons!

Best of luck-- keep on truckin' and keep on using that energy for your own growth and change - that's what it's really there for!
peace,
b
Old 04-08-2009, 04:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for all of the positive feedback! I am really excited and things continue to fall into place.

Nope, AH has not stopped drinking, but was told that as long as he has a desire to stop drinking he'll be welcome at a meeting.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by babsywabsy View Post
Nope, AH has not stopped drinking, but was told that as long as he has a desire to stop drinking he'll be welcome at a meeting.

Oh I'm sure he'll be welcome. I'm thinking more along the lines of actions speak louder than words. Until he actually seeks sobriety by stopping, its nothing but words.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well Barbara, you were right. Actions do speak louder than words. Do you think he went to that AA meeting last night???

Nope.

Sigh...
Old 04-10-2009, 10:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So what are you going to do to improve your life? How long are you going to put you one and only life on hold waiting for him to change when he isn't showing any real indication he intends to change?