Codependency 911

Old 04-08-2009, 12:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Codependency 911

Hi.

This is to Ago, Freedom, Talullah and anyone else who read the "dry drunk" post.

I am sorry to have started a possibily negative or hurtful conversation. I value each of your insights and you have literally helped me through (still there) a serious low point with my former A. I would have gone crazy if I was not able to honestly vent and get feedback.

"I" feel badly about keeping the "dry drunk" post going. I did not mean to hurt or get started down a negative path. I was curious about the terms as they are used regularly and folks seem to disagree about them.

Smiles,

Miss
Old 04-08-2009, 12:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have nothing to apologize for dear lady.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No need, I for one don't think you have done anything to apologise for. :ghug

It's an interesting debate.. I'm taking nothing personally.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

BTW MissFixIt, It's terribly codependent of you to take responsibility for other people's words and the way that thread meandered. :ghug3
Old 04-08-2009, 12:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ago

no need to apologize, I found your contributions very good

I for one don't even view it as a "debate", I view it as a discussion, one of the things that hinder my "recovery" is not standing up for myself and stating my truth. As codies, we tend to shirk what we view as "confrontation" and just "roll over" to "avoid conflict"

I got very important things from all responses, I learned from each and every one, although admittedly I would kick freedom in the shin were she in range for daring to suggest I needed an inventory

She's right, I'm oversensitive right now, 3 days of food poisoning does that to someone, and I loved tallulah's and Barb's responses as well, they were totally helpful, as was yours, I really want to state emphatically.

Navigating emotionally difficult situations is about as important to recovery as anything else in the world, when everything is going well, I have no character defects (lol) it's when the "going gets tough" is when I learn what my "program" looks like.

We don't always have to agree about everything to be on the same side, as a matter of fact it's how we disagree that determines the success of any relationship in my opinion.

:ghug
Old 04-08-2009, 02:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you.

All good.

Red Flags went off when I wanted to post this as I know it was a co-dependent thing to do...but I wrote it anyway. Work in progress...
Old 04-08-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Barbara52 View Post
BTW MissFixIt, It's terribly codependent of you to take responsibility for other people's words and the way that thread meandered. :ghug3
Good one, Barbara!
Old 04-08-2009, 02:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You guys are funny and sweet AND rational. That's why I like you.
Hugs, all
GL