Happy update!! :-)

Old 04-08-2009, 10:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting to my HAPPY PLACE!

Happy update!! :-)

Hi everyone! I haven’t posted in awhile but I wanted to come back and share some good news with everyone who is struggling today.

As most of you know – I kicked my xabf (also a crack user) to the curb last summer. I was tired of all of the turmoil and was both physically and mentally exhausted from our relationship. Ending that relationship was the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. I loved that man with every fiber.

Fast forward to today – it’s been over 9 months since I ended it – the March “anniversary” date of my ending came and went WITHOUT me even recognizing it!! Now THAT is progress!!!! I am living my life – enjoying my home and my friends and having a blast.

And I can HONESTLY say that I am right at the brink of not giving a rats a$$ about xabf and how he is or what he’s doing at all!! It feels GREAT! I say “right at the brink” because I’m a little shocked myself that I feel this way – I sort of keep waiting on one of my “gloom and doom” days to roll in and have me in a funk over “how I miss him” or whatever. But it hasn’t happened in about a month!!

I’ve been going out and I’ve even dated a few times and it has been awesome. There are SO many NORMAL men out there that think I’m the bomb lol. Seriously, it’s a real eye opener to come across men that truly are respectful, kind, SOBER, and are just all around good guys. I’m loving it!

I could NOT have made it this far without this board and each and every one of you – I know I don’t post often but I do still read and I hope that my post helps someone that might be struggling today.

Peace and love to all!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

Wow! Isn't recovery a wonderful thing??? I'm so happy for you and the life you are living right now! Thanks for sharing your experience, strength and hope!!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi lovtolaff!!

Its great to hear you are having such a great time, I too find myself talking to nice guys that make me feel valued, respecteed, interesting, good looking etc etc... that are NOT undermining my self confidence at all...

I find others compliment me and respect me because that is how I treat myself now. Now that I treat myself very well, all others do, its like magic..

Its a whole new world altogether, and its good we knew other kinds of people before, because now I value the nice ones so much more. And the first red flag- I am gone, LOL.

Keep moving forward!!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Now that's the kind of progress that makes it all worth it, yes?! :ghug :ghug
Old 04-08-2009, 11:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're back to "laughing," and "lovin'" it - you've grown back into your name!

Great update!

CLMI
Old 04-08-2009, 11:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting to my HAPPY PLACE!

Its a whole new world altogether, and its good we knew other kinds of people before, because now I value the nice ones so much more.
You know what? You know how they say that people come into your life for a reason? Well I believe that THIS is the reason an alcoholic/crackhead came into my life - to teach me to stop and smell the roses, if you will. It honestly has made me appreciate SO many more things in life. Before the x - I really wouldn't have given the "nice guy" the time of day (my bad I know) but now it's different.

Sounds like you're back to "laughing," and "lovin'" it - you've grown back into your name!
Oh...you have no idea!! At the end stage of my relationship - I just couldn't laugh anymore - I was broken. Not anymore - I'm ALIVE and KICKIN' and laughing more than ever!

For those of you still struggling with your alcoholic/addicted partners - if you read nothing else - read this:

THERE IS SO MUCH PEACE, FREEDOM, HARMONY, LAUGHTER, KINDNESS, RESPECT, AND GOOD LIVING OUT HERE! Get a piece of it while you can!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Very inspiring lovtolaff!! I am STILL so glad for you...and us LOL....

There are so many great lessons you have learned, they started with your ex, but please recognize that if it weren't for YOUR efforts..you could just as easily let the lessons pass... so the biggest kudos to YOU!

My biggest lesson has been living in the PRESENT MOMENT... its an art in its own right
Old 04-08-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

You know what? You know how they say that people come into your life for a reason? Well I believe that THIS is the reason an alcoholic/crackhead came into my life - to teach me to stop and smell the roses, if you will. It honestly has made me appreciate SO many more things in life.
Absolutely, this is true for me also.

Great news loveto