I think my EXAH got married : (

Old 04-04-2009, 08:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

I think my EXAH got married : (

He was on the web cam with the boys and I saw a ring on his finger. I cried. I'm not to sure why it bothers me, he has been living with this woman for over 2 years.
The other wierd thing about it was that today I asked my Nephew if he would like my diamond for his new wife. My nephew is in the Army and is getting deployed to Iraq in September and married his sweetheart, when I saw how tiny her ring was I thought, maybe He could take mine and get it reset for her, I don't need it. It's a pretty nice size. I actually wish I would have thought about it sooner but the marriage was a surprise.
My son started medication for his ADD and I'm feeling pretty awful about that too, he seemed a little nervous to me today. And he had a HUDGE melt down. Maybe it's all in my head but I'm feeling guilty about it right now.
Thanks for listening
Old 04-04-2009, 08:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((kermit))) I don't have much to give right now, but I'm thinkin boutcha
Old 04-04-2009, 11:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How sweet of you to offer your nephew and his wife your diamond. I am sure they will be very grateful!

I wish indifference for you where your ex is concerned. If nothing else I hope you are comforted by the fact that he is no longer your problem.

Big hugs,
Sunny
Old 04-05-2009, 07:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just a quick note re the ADD medication. My son went onto Ritalin at age 11, we didn't make him take it at weekends and on holidays, so that he would sleep and eat properly, but within the first 20 minutes we had a completely different child. He went on to have a normal social circle (prior to medication all his peers tolerated him at best). He achieved his qualifications and is now working in IT and starting to climb the ladder. I know that you feel awful and wonder why you just can't cope with him without the medication, and you don't want your child to need medication, but if your story is anything like mine, it was the best thing that could possibly have happened to my son and has actually helped him to achieve a normal and happy life. Don't feel bad, think of the future possibilities because of the medication.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I am sorry (((kermit)))) . It is possible he is not married. Why would he not tell you or the kids about it? Not that it makes any real difference right?

It is sweet that you offered your ring to your nephew.

I am sure you have read up on the drug your son is taking and will contact his doctor if you notice anything adverse.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kermit View Post
My son started medication for his ADD and I'm feeling pretty awful about that too, he seemed a little nervous to me today. And he had a HUDGE melt down. Maybe it's all in my head but I'm feeling guilty about it right now.
My youngest started on meds for ADHD at around 6. THey did wonders for him! One thing I learned over the years as his meds were changed or adjsted was that the ones that worked, worked almost from the start and those that didn't, well, it was clear they weren't working in oh so many ways. J particularly had trouble with Adderal, made him violence and uncontrollable. Stopped giving it to him and those problems went away.

When J was in his late teens we found out his problem was more of a mood disorder, although they won't put the lable bipolar on him. It took some time to find the right mix of drugs, but he is doing wonderfully now. Doing great emotionally, in college and life in general.

My point is the finding the right drug can take time but when you do, it will make a world of difference for your son. Never feel guilty about trying to find what works for him and expect some bumps in the road until you do.