with every breath we take....

Old 08-18-2003, 04:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

with every breath we take....

Good Morning Friends,
I am back from vacation and wanted to let you know I missed all of you. Vacation in sunny Fla was very restful with little conflict with my husband. But I also spent little time being with my husband if you know what I mean. But it is good to get home and even good to get back to work. One more thing I wanted to mention is I am still grieving for my dog that died in June. I miss him so much, I often wish I could just have him back for even a short time. It sure makes me think about the brief nature of our existance and about how your life can change so dramatically with every breath we take. Thanks as always for listening.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

************{Rose}}}}}}}

Wanted to send you some hugs and I am glad you had a good vacation!!!

I understand about the grieving of your dog. I still cry when I think about my Buster and he's been gone for almost 3 years. They are a part of our family and our lives, loving us so unconditionally, when they leave us it hurts.

Sending many hugs and love,
Debbie
Old 08-18-2003, 04:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Welcome back Rose! I am glad you had a calming trip..

Hugs,
JT
Old 08-18-2003, 06:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

one of my biggest regrets.........

Rose,

One of the things I regret most was how much time I spent away from home during the past years in order to get away from my AH. In doing that, I always was leaving behind my dog too.

My dog would always want to be with me, always give me a happy wag, always ready to be loved. But, like an idiot, I was too focused on the pain the A was causing to appreciate the gift of love staring me right in the face.

My dog passed away in July..... I miss him terribly. Boy, would I like to re-do the last 10 years knowing what I know now.

You're right about life being too short. We need to stop obsessing about what is wrong and look for the beauty of what is right in our lives...

Consider yourself hugged...
Old 08-18-2003, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back Rose. Glad your vacation was a restful treat. Throwing in some extra hugs while you're sad.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 08-18-2003, 11:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I missed you Rose, and am glad that you had a restful vacation.

And I am sorry for the sadness that you are going through. It just takes time before the pain turns into fond memories.

Hugs
Ann
Old 08-18-2003, 03:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Rose

Glad you had a good vacation. Sorry that you are sad and missing your dog. You made a very good point about appreciating what we have, while we have it.
As Henley said:

"You better take a fool's advice
And take care of your own
One day they're here;
Next day they're gone"
-"New York Minute"/Don Henley

Peace,
Gabe
Old 08-18-2003, 07:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Rose -

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dog. The loss of a family member is always hard.

I had my beloved poodle mix, Bogie, for 15 years. No matter what, he always loved me and was there for me. For months after I had to put him to sleep, I could hear his dog tags rattliing from time to time. The first time I heard it, I thought I must be crazy After that, it would bring a smile to my face and a moment of warmth. It took me two years until I was ready for another pet, this time a Shitzu. She is not Bogie, but she is a sweetheart.

Hope your heart heals soon and that you will be ready to share it with another pet.

Hugs, Jo