How do I keep it about me?

Old 03-31-2009, 07:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Proud of you, alice (((((ItsMeAlice)))))

Hope we're not too rough sometimes. I think there are certain people on this forum who we want to gather around, in some kind of gruff no-nonsense big-sister way, and physically lift them up and over their barriers. Hope you can forgive (some of) us for that.

We ARE codies, after all. We're GOOD at rescuing OTHER people

You will be okay
Old 03-31-2009, 07:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks GL!

When I come on here, I feel that tough love, family reunion, knock some sense into you kinda vibe, really I do. I may read a post and think "ouch that one stung" or feel a little "hey, back off that's my girl you're talkin' to," but it always gets me thinking. It rocks my emotions, pushes my buttons, and wakes me up. I need it. I've been numb, and it shows when I start feeling other things that I haven't felt in a long while...like pride in myself...giddyness over a personal goal...satisfaction for finally getting a concept that's been escaping me.

Sometimes, like tonight, when I hear the quacking coming on, and I'm making my exit, I can almost see my little Alice standing in the middle of the playground, hands on hips, ponytails and ribbons waving saying "My Group says you stink so there!"

Alice - the more mature one.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ItsmeAlice View Post
Thanks again friend!

I appreciate the situation you are in deeply. I have a fear in me that I will be in process of moving my things and it will send him over the edge. I remember how you were struggling with your motivation and feeling frustrated and alone in getting your life packed up when his rage struck you down. I so badly want to avoid that. I want to blink and have it all done while he snoozes on the couch.

I'm new to the HP thing, too, but I'm secretly hoping that there will be some cosmic moment that will make is all happen.

I don't feel belittled, just reality struck I guess. I go up and down in my emotions. Being here and reaching out for help and support makes it easier.

I went to the doctor today for my annual checkup. I'm down 34 pounds. My blood pressure was spot on. My BMI is way down. Lots of changes in the last year, all good. My doc was quite pleased. She asked a lot about my home life, and she made some great suggestions for me to try to stay on track with my healthy changes. It was a real boost to me to have someone else see my progress and get excited over it.
You are doing great, I'm proud of you. :ghug3 Go you! It's great when people notice positives in you and tell you without any agenda. And it is even greater that when someone does that the negative mix tape complied by the A is countered.

If you think that the process of moving your things may send him over the edge then I would say do it in the safest way possible. In an ideal world you would be able to go through that in a controlled adult way but if you feel (even just a nagging doubt) that it won't be then first priority is your safety. Stuff is just stuff and can be replaced: you are precious and can't be. :ghug3