neuropathy or drunk?

Old 03-29-2009, 09:40 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
I'm growing

Sorry to hear about the relapse. I think we all want to believe the A. but what we want in our head and what we KNOW in our gut are 2 different things.

Have you tried Al-anon? I know you want to support her, but you need to take care of yourself first. Think about it like the oxygen mask in an airplane. They always tell the parents to put them on *themselves first* and then help the child. You need to take care of you first

Originally Posted by brokenblessed View Post
I am new to the forum, and I have a question that has come up with my alcoholic friend. She keeps hydrogen peroxide around all the time, and I've always wondered about it. Two night ago she got picked up DWI and the state trooper asked her live in friend who picked her up if she was drinking it. Is that possible? I would not think you could really drink that stuff, but I'm pretty sure she's drunk isopropyl alcohol before, so maybe I'm naive. Or is it just used as mouthwash to cover the breath and/or fool a salive test strip.

By the way, I did get a couple breathalyzers for her immediate contacts, but we had trouble using them. The test strips seemed easier, especially when she was passed out (which she attributes to various medical issues). You can get them online from Craig Medical.com.
My Ah used to drink mouth wash. Kept it in his car, probably at work, and hidden in the house.