Long time no see... little update

Old 03-24-2009, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rediscovering myself

Long time no see... little update

Hey guys, just wanted you to know I'm still around. I've been plagued by deadlines, pinkeye, and birthdays lately and it's been CRAZY.

I've working on getting my finances under control and that is going surprisingly well. I've read Co-dependent No More. I've also started the paperwork for filing for a divorce. It's taking FOREVER. There's tons of paperwork and my lawyer and I are both busy and playing phone tag 90% of the time. It'll get done though, just gotta eat this elephant one bite at a time.

My AH has quit drinking, but his stinkin' thinkin' has not changed. My boundary of he had to find a job in one month has come and gone. In true codie fashion, I gave him two extra weeks because it did appear that something was going to come through, but it fell through. He still doesn't believe I'm filing.

I've come to realize how much I hate chaos. Birthday parties and busy weekends are fine every so often, but I like my quiet peaceful days.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

justaboutus, you sound good. Sad that nothing has changed for AH, but glad that everything is coming together for you.

I know what you mean about chaos....I just hate it, myself.

Hang in there and keep in touch!!
:ghug3
Old 03-24-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

How wonderful and appealing is peace, silence and serenity after weeks, months, years and/or decades of chaos.

How wonderful is to be able to be alone, sit with your thoughts and feelings, without fear. Many people avoid suffering at all costs and seek distractions - I have found not many people take the time for deep soul searching and dealing with the issues upfront, as you are doing now.

I am glad you are taking steps to recover and feel better, I am reading that book too! Easy does it...
Hugs!!