Need info for a friend, her husband killed himself

Old 08-14-2003, 11:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Need info for a friend, her husband killed himself

Hi all, i have a sad story here and i'm not too sure how to handle it. An Alanon member is going through a very bad time, she is a member of the group that i go to, i talked to her after our last meeting and she shared her problem. Her husband never got sober even though he went into treatment and killed himself last year, he was only in his 40's. Her children are teens now and blaming all on her, you can imagine what their emotions are like trying to cope with bereavment also. I explained about ACOA to her and asked if she had done any reading about it, she had not heard of this, actually i don't think there is much focus on ACOA in Ireland, it is mostly Alateen. I have browsed the net looking for a good site with information that i can print for her to give her more understanding about her kids, can anyone guide me in this direction, also we have no Alateen in our town, i think maybe in the big cities, would really appreciate any help and many thanks.
Tina.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Tina,

I am sorry to hear this....I don't have any information for you, but I will put them in my prayers.

Constant
Old 08-14-2003, 03:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I couldn't find anything about

ACOA in Ireland, but here is a link to bereavement counseling in Ireland. I'm very sorry for your friend, suicide is a deep wound to the survivors. I hope that she and her children can get some help.

http://62.253.239.203/bcs/background.cfm

Peace,
Gabe
Old 08-14-2003, 03:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

http://allone.com/12/aca/

That link will take you to a search page that will access a list of ACoA meetings in Ireland. There aren't too many posted and you never know how current these meetings posted on the web are. I would use the "contact" links to find real people and get the most current info.

http://www.AdultChildren.org/

That's the link to the world services page.

Hugs!
Old 08-15-2003, 08:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile Many thanks to all

Thank's so much for the help everyone regarding my friend and her kids.
Big hugs to you all,
Tina.