Newbie. Wife has a drinking problem and wants a divorce

Old 03-20-2009, 04:20 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi bbdad
I am glad the kids will have a sane parent. I have read all the thread and see you are taking great steps and moving forward.
Please keep posting and getting your feelings out!
Old 03-20-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by bbdad23 View Post
Thank you all for your advice. I visited with an attorney on Wednesday and now I haev to sit down with my wife and discuss selling the house and moving the kids out of their school district. We live in an area where there are no apartments so I hope my wife is happy what she has done to her kids. Honestly she is so consumed with herself that she probably does not give a crap.
My aexw was the primary breadwinner in our family as well. When she lost her job and decided full time work would cut into her drinking time, we ended up losing the house.

If I'd been a little further along in my recovery I could have saved the house, even without her. I was stuck in black/white thinking at the time, not to mention paralyzed with fear. We live in a college town and I could have easily had 3 college boarders and made the mortgage with money to spare.

One other most important thing. My dd's first grade teacher knew of my plight trying to find something to rent in our school district, and she shared it with the school principal.

I came home to a message on my ans machine from dd's teacher that the principal had told her, "you tell that man to find some place safe for he and dd to live, and not to worry where it is, I'll give him a voucher so dd can continue here".

I don't know why, but I still get misty eyed when I share this story. This principal "got it", he knew dd's world was falling apart and the last thing she needed was to have to change schools.

I went to 5 different elementary schools, it is really hard on kids. Please consider every possible avenue before changing their schools.

Good luck.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:16 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Testing recent developments that are accepted in court

Thank you all for your advice. I visited with an attorney on Wednesday and now I haev to sit down with my wife and discuss selling the house and moving the kids out of their school district. We live in an area where there are no apartments so I hope my wife is happy what she has done to her kids. Honestly she is so consumed with herself that she probably does not give a crap.
Perhaps the court can order alcohol specific testing on her as it perhaps may be a way to allow the kids to still live in the house? It may not break her denial, but it can convince a judge that she has a problem and is lying about it.

Ethyl Glucuronide - EtG - Information

Counselor Magazine, the Magazine for Addiction Professionals - Testing for Recent Alcohol Use

http://expertox.com/documents/Expert...etter32007.pdf
Old 03-21-2009, 12:19 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Honestly she is so consumed with herself that she probably does not give a crap.

Precisely

sorry you or anyone has to go through this c.r.a.p