SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   A request..... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/171408-request.html)

LucyA 03-11-2009 03:40 AM

A request.....

Today is my brothers funeral, and I need a little extra strength to read the eulogy I wrote for him. I knw you guys have loads and I'm hoping you'll send me a tiny bit each this afternoon, just enough to give me the strength to do it with dignity for him.

I'll be thinking of every one of you today, all the ones who've helped me, all the ones who're just finding out about this disease and all the ones who are still suffering from it.

Lorraine x

naive 03-11-2009 03:55 AM

in these types of situations, the strength will be given to us. you don't have to speak at all if you don't want to. why not just see how you feel at that time and take the pressure off of yourself?

Kimmieh 03-11-2009 03:58 AM

I wish you much strength and I hope it will be the ceremony that you want it to be for him, you, and all his loved ones (I am sure it will be). Your eulogy comes from the heart and nothing could be more dignified than that. I will be thinking of you! :Val004:

catlovermi 03-11-2009 04:19 AM

Thinking of you, and holding you up to your HP.

:Val004:

CLMI

Impurrfect 03-11-2009 06:25 AM

((((Lucy)))

Sending you strength, love, hugs and prayers.

Amy

Lilyflower 03-11-2009 06:46 AM

My thoughts are with you sweets, hugs to you

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

GiveLove 03-11-2009 07:45 AM

Sending you love and strength to honor your task, Lorraine.

Remember that there's no shame in tears. Everyone there will understand. It just means we're human.

:ghug3

kittycat1164 03-11-2009 07:52 AM

My thoughts and strength .... OMG, I'll be thinking of you all day. :Val004:

MissFixit 03-11-2009 07:54 AM

Hugs to you.

Chrysalis123 03-11-2009 08:53 AM

:ghug3

Praying for you all day.

Barbara52 03-11-2009 09:20 AM

You will have the strength you need to get through this. Trust in God. I will keep you in my prayers.

blessed4x 03-11-2009 09:20 AM

((((LucyA))))........heartfelt prayers sent.

JenT1968 03-11-2009 09:23 AM

I hope the funeral goes as well as it can. you are in my thoughts, x

peaceteach 03-11-2009 01:01 PM

(((Lucy))),

My prayers are with you today and more, Lucy. You are doing fine.

LucyA 03-11-2009 01:17 PM

Thank you, so much. Today I found some amazing strength, and I truly believe it's bacause I trusted something other than myself.

I carried my brother into the chapel and I read the eulogy, I am so proud to have been able to do that for him. I really believe he's at rest now, and not suffering anymore.

I want to thank all who have helped and supported me in the last couple of years, without you and your wisdom and your own experiences I would not have had the inner peace and strength I needed.
I'm going to stick around here, it's a loving place, maybe I won't post for a while, but I'm here with you sharing and supporting and I think maybe praying too.

xx

cmc 03-11-2009 01:43 PM

(((LucyA))))
You are in my thoughts & prayers. Whatever you decide there's always a place for you here. :hug:

Rebecca4 03-11-2009 05:10 PM

Dont go Luce. Stay.
Thinking of you
x

Jadmack25 03-11-2009 06:46 PM

May you receive all you need to get thru the pain of your loss and grieve for your brother.
I wish you all the best in life as of now, and hope you will stay around here at SR.
God bless you

LucyA 03-14-2009 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rebecca4 (Post 2145055)
Dont go Luce. Stay.
Thinking of you
x

How could I go anywhere? :You_Rock_ I'm still here, leaning on the rest of you and offering whatever I can give.

Seeking Wisdom 03-16-2009 08:07 AM

I am so sorry for your loss.

Two years ago my husband died tragically as a result of his alcoholism. I was left to handle all the preparations for his services, memorial table, photo tribute ...etc. on my own ... I also prepared a eulogy as best I could.

I was having the officiating Pastor read the comments I had written, as was left nervously wondering in all the confusion if what I had written was suitable. After reading the words I had sent him, the Pastor emailed my back and told me they were the best tribute he had ever seen written by a family member... and I quietly cried as I read his comments. During that time I was so exhausted and numb, I had begun to question everything around me... and to have the Pastor reassure me that I had conveyed the words of tribute in the way I had hoped, meant so much.

Both of my husband's brothers were to speak at my husband's services, however, one brother kept breaking down and the other struggled to put his words together. I am sure I would have struggled as well if I had been the one to speak my own words instead of having the Pastor speak them for me.

Please be comforted in knowing that your words meant so much to those close to your brother. I am so glad you found the strength you needed during such a difficult time.

Visiting Sober Recovery helped me cope during the many months that followed my husband's death ... as it was only here that I felt anyone could understand this painfully tragic outcome to the powerful and deadly addiction to alcohol.

May you continue to find strength during the weeks and months to come.