went out friday with healthy people.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No Codie No More.

went out friday with healthy people.

I was invited to go see a movie with one of the girls I met through ex alkie friend, If anyone knows my story this is one of the woman who I met on the "cocaine run" thing and a friend of the guy who told me my alkie talked bad about me and told me the truth.

she actually is a born again christian, she doesn't push it on you or brag about it, its basically herself but she wants to show other people.. we've been talking since I like theology, philosophy and the academic works that surround them. this isnt a future love interest, shes beautiful but I don't want anything with her.. anyways..

she invited me to a christian fellowship at the University around me, it was just a movie, me , her friend and this other guy.. all nice, I didn't have to worry about someone trying to take advantage of my ex alkie friend.

we wanted to go for coffee but all the shops were closed (wow.. not going for alcohol!.. major step up).. we went to the local white castle.. there we talked about stuff.. I found out that she used to goto bars, clubs and the two women were tired of all that, they said how it was stupid meeting people they could care less about..

one of the things I always thought was that Bars were filled with evil people.. she said she thought bars were evil.. talk about a shocker, there were other similarities. she wanted to go see a movie around 11 but I had to goto work, one had to leave and the other girl had to go run in the morning.

hanging out with healthy people was good for a change.. met new people, I was cool. I didn't have to worry about what is their motive with ex Alkie friend or her erradic behavior.. best part of all she didn't mention alkie.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, Drained, it feels good. I went out with healthy people last weekend. Went to dinner with my daughter, her boyfriend and his parents. No one ordered a "drink". No one even mentioned alcohol or was obsessed in any way with alcohol. It felt really good. Just a regular dinner.

The last time my abf and I went out to dinner, he wanted a "glass of wine with dinner." He ordered a BOTTLE of wine. Then went to the store to get the next night's dinner and came out with TWO gigantic bottles of wine. Mind you, his drink of choice is beer, and he knows I no longer allow that in my home, so he thought he was getting over on me by having wine "with dinner." I have caught on to that game as well. I might have enjoyed a glass of wine occasionally but now I can't even do that coz he can't have just one glass.

Yea, it was very nice to go out and everyone just ordered iced tea or a soda. Weird, huh?
Old 03-08-2009, 06:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm growing

:ghug3 Feels great to realize what "normal" people do
Old 03-08-2009, 08:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

congrats drained, im glad you enjoyed your night out! keep seeking healthier people. your company is a reflection of your own sanity.
(((((((drained))))))))))