I left AH tonight

Old 03-06-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I left AH tonight

I left while he was at work and am safe with the baby at a friend's house.

I am relieved and terrified at the same time.

More later....Glenna
Old 03-06-2009, 06:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

:ghug3

Hold steady. You are doing good things for yourself.

Sending encouragement!

CLMI
Old 03-06-2009, 06:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Oh That is great! Good for you!

thanks for letting us know, we're thinking about you!!

:ghug
Old 03-06-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

:ghug3 I will keep you both in my prayers. You will get thru this and find the life you wnat and deserve!
Old 03-06-2009, 06:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for taking time to update.....you've been in my thoughts and prayers today, and will continue to be.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Put your cell phone on silent and enjoy the company of your friends and your child. Stay in the moment and don't worry about tomorrow.

Relax and Rejoice and
all things will come to you!
Old 03-06-2009, 06:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
"Taking the risk to blossom"

(((((((Glenna)))))))) You should be so proud of you! Relish in the peace, don't try to solve EVERYTHING at once, one second at a time! It can only get better from here.

Laurie
Old 03-06-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Please stay safe and sound. I'm thinking happy thought of you and your baby.
:praying
Old 03-06-2009, 07:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know this was the right thing to do, but can't help but feel a certain amount of guilt. Without me, he has no phone, no transportation, can't pay rent, etc., etc., etc. He's in really big trouble.

However, I won't let that stop me from doing what I know is right. I can stay here at my friend's for a while, and I have a lead on a place to stay permanently. Between now and then, I just plan to work and go to meetings. I have no other plan. I don't even have two nickels to rub together right now. I just saw the window of opportunity and took it.

I need to stay strong and use what I've learned so far and keep on learning. I am going to a meeting with my sponsor in the morning, so I will look forward to that for now.

Thanks to everyone here. I will need your support as well.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This is great news! I'm so happy for you! Enjoy your peaceful night. And he got himself to this place, so I wouldn't worry about him. Sounds like you have plenty to do taking care of you and the baby at this point. You don't need another child, which is basically what he sounds like now. Keep the focus on you and the baby and your recovery and you will do just great! I'm so excited for you! You will be amazed at how fast you get things straightened out and make progress without an A. dragging you down!

Love,
KJ
Old 03-06-2009, 08:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Glenna9802 View Post
Without me, he has no phone, no transportation, can't pay rent, etc., etc., etc. He's in really big trouble.
Restate that, to get rid of the guilt:
Because of his own continued choices, he has no phone, no transportation, can't pay rent, etc., etc., etc. He's now about to have reality-based repercussions for his choices, and will have to deal with them.
This has nothing to do with you being mean.

CLMI
Old 03-06-2009, 08:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes, the only thing required of him was to treat me and the baby well and not be mean, and he couldn't even do that.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You have made a wise and healthy choice for you and your child. There is no guilt in that. You are allowed to make choices that are in your best interests. He is allowed to make his choices and you are not responsible for what happens to him because of them.

((()))

L
Old 03-06-2009, 10:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My voice mailbox is full of messages, but I don't want to hear them. I know he's a grown man and I can't let codependency rear its ugly head here. I have to be stronger than ever before and worry about myself and let him take care of himself. Our relationship was not healthy...not ever. I loved him dearly, but love doesn't fix everything (believe me, I tried). Please keep "talking" to me. Your words of wisdom are helping a lot.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Glenna ((((()))))

Look how far you have come in such a short time. I see so much courage and strength in your post. You and your baby are in my thoughts :ghug3
Old 03-07-2009, 01:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

well done glenna!

i too went and stayed this week with a friend, to escape ABF and what i noticed was how i "felt myself" again and didn't obsess with where/who/what ABF might be doing. i'm back home now (need computer) but even the few day break made me realize how much of my energy he is consuming.

good luck to you today to be strong.

marie
Old 03-07-2009, 01:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Get rid of the voice messages UNREAD. Turn your phone off and learn to live with the peace you have wanted for so long. Concentrate on yourself first and then your child. Until you heal your pain, clear your mind of the past stress and feel strong again, you will only be partly there for your baby. When you are whole again, then baby will have a whole mum at last.
Well done in breaking free. God bless
Old 03-07-2009, 03:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you. I only slept 3 hours. My stomach is so upset from all of this. Just looking forward to seeing my sponsor and going to the meeting.

I'm scared of him, and I'm scared for him.

Last edited by Glenna9802; 03-07-2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:15 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Glenna -
I have to be stronger than ever before and worry about myself and let him take care of himself. Our relationship was not healthy...not ever. I loved him dearly, but love doesn't fix everything (believe me, I tried).

This says it all.

Especially the "have to" part! If you can keep your determination to improve your life (which improves baby's life!) you will reap such great rewards.

Easy does it today! Just take it one moment at a time, lean on the sane people in your life.

Sending you a prayer for ongoing strength and courage!:praying
((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
Old 03-07-2009, 04:23 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Wishing you only peaceful and happy times in your future....sounds like you are on your way. Enjoy your meeting and time with your sponsor today! Hugs to you and your baby!

So....does changing your cell number cost anything? Just a thought......

Hugs and prayers, HG