I opened the door

Old 03-05-2009, 05:36 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

What did your friend that came to visit think of this?
Did she mind that she came to see you and then you took her to a bar where your ex was and then went home with him?

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but if I had made the effort to travel to see a friend and she spent more time with her ex I would have been very hurt. I had a friend who did similar to me and she still does not see that she did anything wrong. The fact that I had travelled for six hours to spend time with her, and then she left me to go home with the ex who she had spent hours moaning about on the phone to me, made me wonder if she valued our friendship at all.
To me that is not right on any level.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:46 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Sodetermined, I am so saddened to read this thread today, and not for you sweets, but for Ryan.

Read through your posts about HIM how much anger he had toward you and the difficulties he STILL has in expressing his emotions. He is a child and is seeing a COUNSELLOR due to the decisions that YOU have made in life.

I don't say this to be mean to you at all, but in the hopes you will take stock of how your decisions affect more than just you alone

You are an addict - you are addicted to a drug and that drug is called Chris.

You want Chris to find recovery so life is all hunky dorey for you - I bet you a million dollars that Ryan wants YOU to find recovery so that life can be hunky dorey for HIM.

You know how it feels to be treated by Chris, you are fully aware both mentally and spiritually how being with Chris changes you, your life, your son, your son's sense of value in himself and you, your sense of value in yourself etc etc etc

Why would you willingly want to go back to all you have suffered before??

I am with Freedom on this one, it is painful to read about this happening and my pain is with Ryan.

It will only work if you work it

Praying you find your way back to the true path of recovery

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 03-05-2009, 05:48 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by Dreamer999 View Post
And please remember all the previous hurt he has caused. Why do you think you deserve more of it?
Better yet - why do you WANT more of it??

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx