What did you do for you today-JOY THREAD

Old 03-01-2009, 08:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What did you do for you today-JOY THREAD

I received so much wonderful advice and support here in the past week, and cannot begin to thank all of you enough.

I wanted to start a thread that is just about what we have done for ourselves, a thread just about JOY!

Today, I bought myself some beautiful flowers.
Today, I took a long bath, listened to my favorite album and wrote in my journal.

Today was a beautiful and peaceful day.

I hope you all did something wonderful for yourselves today as well!!!

:ghug:ghug3:ghug
Old 03-01-2009, 08:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I took my kiddos out to see the movie Bolt at a $2.00 theater.....they were thrilled with the big screen (the younger ones are 4 and 5) and the buttery popcorn and soda! It was a treat for all of us......and the movie was good too.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My brother and his pregnant girlfriend visited us today. They brought their scan picture with them and bags full of baby clothes that they'd bought to show us, I also learnt that I'll be getting a nephew come July 10th
Old 03-01-2009, 09:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I went for a long, gentle walk in the woods. It was warm and sunny and I met some really nice people and their dogs along the way. I didn't think about work or school or alcoholism or anything but how happy I was to have these two strong legs to carry me and a sun to light my way.....wonderful day.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awakening

I've always hated Sundays, goes back to being a little kid when my mom would leave me with my grandparents to go back to work in the big city. I can still feel the anxiety from 50 years ago. It"s been ruining HALF of my weekends for as long as I can remember. What a waste. I was teaching DD to hate Sundays as well.

With the wisdom I've gained from SR and Alanon I decided to make new/better memories. Started today!

DD and I decided on Friday that from now on we would enjoy Fun Sunday. Took care of MOST of our chores yesterday, (forgot to pick up our laundry) and made a list of FUN things to do after church.

Went to Walmart with her gift card from her mom from Christmas, and got a new baby doll. I got us a 54" wingspread macaw kite to fly over by the library, just in case the wind didn't cooperate! It did, of course! Plan "B" you know.

Got hungry and went to McDonalds and pigged out on the $1 menu, then on to the movies to see Paul Blart...Mall Cop. Good stuff.

Got home and had to hang the macaw kite up in DD's room, it is far too beautiful for the closet.

Then taught her how to be still and really hug, so still she could feel my energy filling her up and visa versa. Took several tries, but she finally admitted she could feel it. I said we could practice some more tomorrow night!

Kind of like "riding the earth" while laying on blankets very still and quiet, you can feel the earth spinning. It travels up to 700-900 mph depending on your latitude. Or is that longitude? Top fuel dragsters only go a piddely 350 mph or so.

It was a great day. No more bummer Sundays for me. I had no control over Sunday 50 years ago, I do now. Thanks for teaching me that. I love you guys.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

Oh and thanks for the thread!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Coyote, you're getting me all teary again, knock it off LOL
Old 03-02-2009, 12:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

what a lovely thread :ghug

yesterday was a hard day for me.. so what I did was give myself space.. this might not sound too healthy (lol) but I just closeted myself away from my A and read a few shares in 'Hope for Today' and some of the stickies on SR, chatted with some friends online, came here and posted and had some wonderful responses, watched a funny movie and then 'Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe'.. my mind wasn't always quiet but the 'air' around me was..
Old 03-02-2009, 04:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
"Taking the risk to blossom"

I went for a wonderful walk with my pooch (really long!). It was cold but sunny and invigorating. I hung out with my MIL who I have missed for the past couple of months and it was a nice visit -- I won't lose her in all this! I came home and hung out with my kids, came here, had a wonderful bath and read codependent no more (again).

Almost everything about yesterday was self care and I woke up feeling quite great today.

take care everyone!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have a Dr appointment today and instead of going to work for a half day I took the entire day off and am going to do nothing (except spend 10 min at the orthodontist)!
Old 03-02-2009, 11:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am going home early to take nap because I think I have the flu....

freya
Old 03-02-2009, 12:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi thank you for this wonderful thread!

Turns out I just had the best weekend since alcoholism touched my life.

On Thursday I flied home to Mex city. Dinner with friend. He has mourned an ex for 11 years. Thanks to our conversations he just dumped her stuff! I am so proud!

Friday, went to a Starbucks with mom. She is great!

Friday night, I went to Keane's concert. I had fun, they are great and sound exactly as the CD. Went with a friend (she is lesbian) and she started hitting on me LOL of course nothing happened, I STILL like men anyway she left a 4 year relation with an alcoholic girl and moved out alone, she is only 20! I am proud too... I waited for this friend @ the airport and saw several foreigners.. wow... my faith was back, and I felt like myself again, checking out guys LOL it had been months.. haha

Saturday I went to the dentist and he is great, really relaxed.. hope I have better teeth in a few months..

Took a bath and went to sleep lying on my bed, it was sunny and wonderful to be in a calm and silent place.

I had dreaded the idea of going back to Mex and it took me months, but on that same room I used to drag myself drunk with the exAH and that's where we "solved" our discussions (having sex...). Perhaps thanks to the meds I did not get that sad while I was there. I was too tired and also, I was too happy enjoy the sun, my cranberry juice... the quietness.

Saturday night I went to a bar with friends, had a few vodka shots, I was not driving and my friends were taking care of me. Enjoyed it. Many single handsome guys. The barman was cute o_O I was able to enjoy seeing them and more than that, enjoy the chillout music and being with friends. The pizza was delicious! My friends said I look GOOD and better than any other moment (known them for 15 years) so I felt great

Sunday I went to Hotel W's spa and spent a HUGE amount of money on it, but it was worth it, went with a girl friend. Had a "chakra balance", I felt very uneasy when the therapist worked on my stomach, still so many feelings there... and she reminded to perform a ritual before sleep and during the morning.. she said I had a good vibe... and I was like o_O

I spent there like 6 hours then got back home, said bye to mom and a friend gave me a lift to take a cab to the airport.. she is my best friend.. and was very optimistic, she said I was going to do great, and that I was in a Renovation Phase

Today I move out from the apartment I have lived in with a friend for a few months. I will be staying at a coworker's place until I find a place I love, just for me. We are planning on watching the Sex and the City movie. I love it

I am thinking about October when I arrived to that apartment. I was devastated. I am glad I will leave my room because I have cried my heart out and suffered a lot. I will be in a brand new place with a chance to buy and have only the stuff I LOVE, to invite only the people that are GOOD TO ME, to spend a lot of time doing yoga, listening chill out music....

Just now that I write it dawns on me that even if I have felt as stuck as months ago I am getting better, perhaps its the Lexapro talking lol but I feel stronger, SAFER, wiser and more able to dettach from stuff I cannot control.

I lost my second job they said my work was excellent but delayed. O well. I just need sleep and rest. The good thing I am doing today is not beating myself up for being a tired human, hah. Thankfully I did not NEED that extra money...

When you have lived in a very dark place and you see the sun shine again, even for a tiny moment, it is THE BEST FEELING in the world

I rambled a lot lol
Hugs to everyone and I hope you are all doing better day by day!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I saw my signature and probably I need to change my nickname. I am looking inside now to get awake
Old 03-02-2009, 01:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Today I took a day off from work!
I walked in the snow early in the morning...so peaceful and serene and new and fresh.
I rearranged my livingroom furniture and cleaned my house...new start, new space!
And now, I will simply R-E-L-A-X this evening....

Hope you are all doing beautiful things for yourself today!
Old 03-02-2009, 02:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And even MY classes were cancelled at the Community College so I got up as usual at 6:30a and then I thought of the 8 million things I could do with this day. And then I gave myself permission to SLEEP. Which is what I need more than anything but always seems to be last on the list. Went back to bed, slept until NOON!!! Unheard of. Awesome.

Walked around the snowy city and to the grocery store. Froze my toes. But now, safe and snug at home I am planning on roasting chicken, mashing potatoes, steaming spinach, heatng up rolls. A classic winter's evening feastival for me and BF the boys.

A beautiful, quiet, contemplative day.

Thanks for this thread milenafk- hope EVERYONE finds some beauty and peace in their day today, however small or fleeting.
peace-
b
Old 03-02-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Today I didn't smoke. It wasn't easy, and there have been some anxious moments, but I felt proud of myself for the first time in as long as I can remember.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Today: Exercised, enjoyed a long phone call with my brother (I'm having a nephew tomorrow~!!!), booked my girl trip to VEGAS, and proofread divorce papers.

Tonight: Sipping hot chai tea and studying n my PJ's. I'll be sleeping on freshly laundered sheets - AHHHH.

There was a gorgeous sunset here tonight. Had to catch my breath.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Monday: Called my Manager this morning and told her it was going to be 70 degrees and sunny here in Denver....and that I would be taking the day off to play tennis. She approved and told me to have fun. Met up with one of my girlfriends at the tennis courts.....we talked, laughed, and I got beat 6-2 by her in our tennis match and it didn't bother me a bit.....because we were having fun
Old 03-03-2009, 12:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

today I "felt the fear but did it anyway"
I led a workshop, I have social phobia and become very anxious talking in front of people, but today I seized hold of my anxiety, acknowledged it, allowed myself to feel a little anxious (instead of trying to supress it and then getting anxious about getting anxious.......) and talked for over an hour.
I am so proud of myself!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 01:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Today, I thought I was having a totally crummy day, but the nice thing I did for myself was call my sponsor. Turned me around 100%.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:59 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Today, I attacked my "TO DO"list like there was no tomorrow. Amazed at how much paper work I got done and how good I feel about it. I can't wait to get up tomorrow morning and finish off the list!