The cats out of the bag!

Old 02-28-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mtr

The cats out of the bag!

Today I told my AH that I was filing for a divorce and he was LIVID! He called me all sorts of names (a**hole, bitch, motherf...). You get the point. He throw many insults my way with both barrels and I think this is just the beginning. He doesn't want to hear me talk. He's taking every opportunity to talk over me by monopolizing the entire conversation. I'm not his enemy. He said he knew it was coming because he lost his job. I tried to tell him it had nothing to do with him losing his job, but of course he didn't want to hear it. He's gone from blaming me, to blaming my family and friends for my decision. Never seeing that his behavior, his lifestyle, his womanizing, his alcoholism as the reason for my decision for moving on and taking charge of MY LIFE again.

I can tell already that this divorce is going to be one for the books.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just remember it takes two to argue.

He's busy quacking!

:ghug :ghug
Old 02-28-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
mtr

Freedom1990,

You're right. So I will practice keeping my lips zipped. Doesn't really matter what he thinks at this point. It is what it is.

Thanks
Old 02-28-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

All you can do is put the truth out there. It is beyond your control whether he accepts it, refutes it, or covers his ears and goes LALALALALALA, I can't hear you!

The truth is out of you now and you don't have to bear that burden any longer, how freeing that must feel .
Old 02-28-2009, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((mtr)))))

A kind word will turn away wrath. Mean what you say just don't say it mean. I think when we can keep our temper when dealing with our addicts and alcoholics the better we come out of it.

I know it is not easy to listen to someone call us names so don't listen to it...

Take care of yourself!!!