lost hope

Old 02-24-2009, 10:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question lost hope

well I guess I should of stated in big capital letters I was asking a question in the friends and familys of alcoholic's which perhaps was the wrong place to start my very first thread regarding my critical alcoholic brother whose is dying or was it an eyes closed question very much to the point dont ask dont answere the question ever cause its very mush sadness to die at 49 for someone who once could charm the birds out of the trees
Old 02-25-2009, 04:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Fullcode, I'm very sorry that you are facing the imminent loss of your brother. I lost my son who was an alcoholic on Sept 4, 2008. He died of a heroin OD, but it was the alcohol that led him to it at the end.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. That has to be so hard. My grandmother (who was more of a mom to me then my mother) drank herself to death too and I still am not sure what to say to you. Except I'll be thinking of you and praying for you. I am so very sorry!!!

PS. I didn't read your other post yet.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fullcode,

I am sorry for you and your family. That must be very painful to go through. I don't have any words of wisdom other than, please prepare yourself emotionally and remember that your brother's choices have nothing to do with you or anyone else.

Please take care of yourself and treat yourself gently.

Miss
Old 02-25-2009, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Hi Fullcode
It is a terrible situation to be in, especially if your brother is unable to make his own decisions at this time.
My sister, like your brother would have known for a long time what his addiction was doing to his body. My guess is that before this he would have had incredible pain and knowledge of what was happening to him. Like my AS, she has been in and out of hospital with liver probs but her answer always was that it will repair itself if she detoxed for a while.
It is so sad to see our loved ones put so much pain & hurt upon themselves but we cant stop it. Now your brother sadly is in a worse situation.
I had to make the same decision for my father, it was terrible. I looked at his frail body and his sick face and asked myself, did he need to go through anymore pain. Along as he was breathing (I thought) he'd be OK. I still wanted him to be here. But I knew even if he survived, he would still get up and take another drink. That was his right, I knew that. This time though he wasnt able to make that decision, the damage was done and I let nature take its own course.
Hugs JJ
Old 02-25-2009, 10:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I will always feel sad when I think of someone drinking themselves to death. I took my 13 year old son to see my brother lying there in the critical care unit fighting for his life, I said to my son the following words
"my brothers dying and theres nothing I can do now ,if you choose to drink this can happen to you, if you are ever lonley,sad, depressed I will always listen I will always care
I will always be there and when I'm gone you will always have my strength and should never forget