Update on A-BIL - hes out!

Old 02-19-2009, 05:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on A-BIL - hes out!

Once again someone bailed out my A brother-in-law who was picked up after we threw him out of the house upon threatening me with a knife.

I suspect the Sister-in-law although she says she didn't. Of course now come the threatening phone calls from him. Of course everything is his brother's fault. He shouldn't have let him drive in that condition. He shouldn't have called the police. Etc etc.

We are both going to start attending Alanon meetings next week I think. We need some help dealing with this guy. I also think I need to get a restraining order, and even though there is a police report, I think it would be wise to file charges of assault.

But now I have to live looking over my shoulder constantly. Why isn't he in jail? He goes to jail next month for one DUI. Wish the time would hurry up.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are out of the immediate madness and sorry that you ahve to be touched by it al all. If I were in the situation, I would file a restraingin order and the assault charges.

Please take care of yourself and your family and stay safe.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Barbara52 View Post
I'm glad you are out of the immediate madness and sorry that you ahve to be touched by it al all. If I were in the situation, I would file a restraingin order and the assault charges.

Please take care of yourself and your family and stay safe.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The only way to even come close to protecting yourself against this nut job is to get a protective order and file charges against him.

Please do that today. You don't need this kind of chaos in your life.