A moment of calm

Old 02-17-2009, 07:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A moment of calm

I just wanted to share how I was feeling this morning. For the first time in as long as I can remember, I didn't feel crippled by the gut-wrenching anxiety that I usually feel upon awakening. I don't know how long it will last, and I don't want to jinx myself by even typing it, but there has been a moment of calm and clarity. I was able to get things done around the house, do some work and relax a little bit. I can't tell you how long it's been since I've been able to do that.

I've been reading a lot here this morning. I'm thirsty for knowledge. I have a meeting at noon that I can't wait to go to. I sort of understand the "one day at a time" saying at the present moment. I don't know how long it will last, but I feel like a human being for the first time in ages.

I can only attribute this feeling to starting my program. I feel like my heart is open and ready to receive. Of course, my next post could be full of self-torture and anxiety again, but I'm so grateful to have had this moment right now and wanted to share it with all of you who have been so encouraging towards me.

AH is sleeping. He said he wanted to go to an AA meeting today, but not to wake him up for it. No matter---this is about me, not him. If he goes, he goes. I have my own meeting to attend.

Thank you Al-Anon. Thank you SR. Thanks to everyone.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you, Glenna. We rest in these quiet moments and get strength for the parts that are less quiet. You are doing great.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No matter---this is about me, not him. If he goes, he goes. I have my own meeting to attend.

BRAVO!!!!
Remember this feeling you had this morning - so you can recognize it when you are feeling anxious or lost: it's called serenity!!

peace,
b.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

serenity?
wow i will certainly let you know when i get some of that
congrats on your peace and quiet Glenna, and thanks for reminding me hard work pays!
Old 02-17-2009, 10:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting to my HAPPY PLACE!

Of course, my next post could be full of self-torture and anxiety again, but I'm so grateful to have had this moment right now
Please know that you aren't alone in the rollercoaster feelings that you have. We've all been there.

Heck I STILL have days where I'm a total mess but they are farther and fewer between than 8 months ago.

I had a moment of calm just the other day - it had been a terrible wet week weather wise - and xabf works outdoors so on bad weather days they would get off early...and here i would sit at work and dread where he would end up on those early days...well I don't do that anymore and it's an unbelievable feeling of peace. So I know what you speak of!

Hugs to you.