new low even for him

Old 02-13-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new low even for him

Today is a teacher work day so my 12 yr old daughter is home. She was anxiously awaiting her best friend to pick her up for the friend's 13th b'day party. Daughter was happy and bouyant, texting away on her cell with her friend's. All of sudden I see her plopped in a chair crying. When asked she showed me her cell phone screen. Apparently the XAH, her father, had sent her a pic of a very buxom naked woman. Now I am sure it was not intentional BUT I immediately called him and said do you realize what you just sent your daughter, here came the dumb act. What ? Umm.. that's not what was on my screen. I said whatever, no sense engaging. I suggested he call his daughter and apologize. He then says sorry, I will. He did call her right as her friend's mom was pulling in. Poor kid was crying so bad and trying to act ok. I explained to the mom what had happened, she knows the XAH. She promised to take extra care with my daughter.

I don't care what he chooses to do in his life, not my problem any more, but when it affects our daughter I am soooo pissed.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't blame you for being upset. Can you set it up so that your daughters phone cannot accept pictures from him?
Old 02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have a boot with his butt's name on it!!!

I am so sorry for your daughter. Mistake or not, addict or not, why can't people see what what sending cr** like that around can cause these kinds of problems. No matter how careful you are, it always goes awry at some point and someone gets hurt, loses a job, or gets caught in some way.

I'll say a prayer today that she gets quickly distracted by the party forgets all about it.

Alice
Old 02-13-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so sorry your daughter has to be abused this way.

Not to be crass, but can you save that text/pic somewhere in case you need it as evidence?
Old 02-13-2009, 10:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow. I don't know what to say except what an a$$hole! I'm very sorry your daughter had to be reminded in such a crude way how self-centered daddy is

Sending you and your daughter a hug
Old 02-13-2009, 11:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ItsmeAlice View Post
I have a boot with his butt's name on it!!!
(I am sooo using this from now on, alice)

Aspiring, I'm so sorry. I hope your daughter forgets about the specifics of this really soon, but I don't hope she forgets what an idiot dad can be sometimes. Better for her to be realistic about him imho
Old 02-13-2009, 11:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Wow...huge hugs for your daughter and you! How incredibly insensitive and irresponsible of him. I hope she has a great time at the birthday party!!
HG