Physically drained

Old 02-11-2009, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Physically drained

I have asked AH to find a place to stay temporarily to give me some space. I left this weekend with my children because I could not take anymore of his lies, and drunken behavior. I can not afford to keep staying in hotels and I do not have any family in the area. My friends do not have enough room to accomodate myself and two adult size teens.

I have a potential job change in the works and hope to learn more about that this week. I will take the job if the pay is good, or try to negotiate a raise from my current job and stay in this area. I will know then what my budget will be for housing my children and myself.

AH has agreed to look for some place to stay, temporarily. Money is an issue as we are flat broke. Both of us are in sales oriented careers and our income reflects the economies downward spiral.

Monday night he agreed to giving my some space. I slept on our couch and he slept in our bed. Tuesday night he said that he was unable to locate a place to stay. I inflated the air mattress and slept on the living room floor. I slept on the air mattress last Friday night with my daughter. It is tough! Our floors are on a cement slab and the cold comes up through the air mattress. Last night I slept with fuzzy socks and 3 blankets and never felt warm.

To top it off I have started a head cold, congestion and sore throat. Ugh!! I have to work a late night tonight, and I am already tired.

So this is my current thinking, and I can use some help, please...
Do I go out and buy/rent/borrow a single bed and put it in our computer room and set up 'permanent' seperate sleeping arrangements (better on our strained budget).
Leave again and rent a room.
or, initiate contact with AH today and request that he take a turn on the couch or air mattress tonight and let him know that I am physically drained. That would mean I have to deal with him being a jerk first, and maybe he would relent for one night.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If it were me, I'd tell him to sleep on the couch!
Old 02-11-2009, 09:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Yeah, you're right.

I'm in a fog mentally and physically. I just returned from a 2 mile walk. I got my head cleared.

We have had the conversation in the past, that whoever f***s up has to take the couch. Why have I been sleeping on the couch and floor? I'm not the one binge drinking, lying, and manipulating.

I did call AH and asked if he had found a place to stay. He said he was working on it still. I recommended one of his drinking friends who has 4 extra bedrooms as a place to start. He said he would stay somewhere tonight. He will pick up some of his stuff while I am at work tonight and be gone before I get home from work.

I let the children know his plans.

Hopefully I will be able to relax in my home with my children and their pets after work and get a good nights sleep.

Thank you for your support!
Old 02-11-2009, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hopefully I will be able to relax in my home with my children and their pets after work and get a good nights sleep.

I hope so too Pelican!

peace,
b