Yesterday was tough

Old 02-11-2009, 03:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yesterday was tough

Ah and I (he's been out of the house for 4 days) tried to go trade is truck in so i can get my name off as co borrower so I can buy a house. Well unfortunately it's not going to happen because the payments would be too high on something new. Ah is desperate to come home. Within a period of a few hours I felt like I was being mentally tortured!! What started with gifts and promises and persistance ended of course with him cussing and really getting pissed when he didn't get his way. I held strong though. After he finally left he called and was asking me if I wanted to have sex (no strings) i was floored! I basically laughed at him and said I didn't think so. He then called back and said look girl I've got needs and I'm going to have them met by someone else if not you. I laughed and hung up the phone and turned my phone off. He was sober during this. He also said he was going to have to drink tonight he needed some relief (apparently didn't drink last night) ASk me how he was supposed to quit drinking whne i kicked him out to his AF house. Well todays another day and I'm sure the drama hasn't stoppped yet. I'm staying strong though. I feel so much better that he is out of this house....I'm calling some lawyers today to find out info.

Hope everyone has great day!
Courtney
Old 02-11-2009, 04:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
"Taking the risk to blossom"

After he finally left he called and was asking me if I wanted to have sex (no strings) i was floored! I basically laughed at him and said I didn't think so. He then called back and said look girl I've got needs and I'm going to have them met by someone else if not you. I laughed and hung up the phone and turned my phone off.

Wow! Turned your phone off! Great boundaries Courtney!

I had a dream (nightmare) about this the other day. I was proud of myself in the dream as I simply aked him if he was fn kidding. I now know how to handle this in real life! According to my AH, this is the sole reason that he drinks and drugs, that I won't be intimate with him. But how do you do that with someone who treats you like they do.

Good for you for holding strong on your decision. I'm almost there myself and appreciate stories like yours -- that it can be done. I need to focus on what was bad and not what was good. The bad erased the good.

Thanks for your share Courtney! It helped me today
Old 02-11-2009, 06:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Hi Courtney!

Thanks for sharing your day with us. You are an inspiration for standing your ground!

I hope you have a terrific day!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ago

Originally Posted by courtney1111 View Post
Within a period of a few hours I felt like I was being mentally tortured!! What started with gifts and promises and persistance ended of course with him cussing and really getting pissed when he didn't get his way.

. After he finally left he called and was asking me if I wanted to have sex (no strings) i was floored! I basically laughed at him and said I didn't think so. He then called back and said look girl I've got needs and I'm going to have them met by someone else if not you. I laughed and hung up the phone and turned my phone off. He was sober during this. He also said he was going to have to drink tonight he needed some relief (apparently didn't drink last night) Asked me how he was supposed to quit drinking when i kicked him out . Well todays another day and I'm sure the drama hasn't stopped yet.
Thank You SOOoooOOOOoooo much for this.

It's really helpful to be reminded what "it was like"

Like nearly word for word, verbatim, I have emails with these EXACT words on them.

Thank You
Old 02-11-2009, 07:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Oy.

Way to stand strong in the face of blatant and heartbreaking manipulation!

The type of conversation you describe used to send me reeling in self-doubt. It took me quite a while to truly see the power play for what it was and strip it of its power over me.

I am so glad that you refuse to embrace his twisted thinking.

Because I know it's hard to hear that stuff (even if you don't believe it), here are some positive thoughts for you:

You are loved.
Way to go on the house! That's a major accomplishment.
You must be so proud of the example that you're setting for your children!
What a strong, confident woman - worthy of honesty, trust, respect, and care!

I hope your day is peaceful and blessed.
-TC
Old 02-11-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job dealing with him!

As for getting out of the loan, he might be able to refinance the truck loan. Another thing to check about when you see the attorney.