Alcoholism and Beer

Old 02-06-2009, 02:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

He sounds exactly how my husband used to drink. About 30+ beers per day, beer on the nightstand, beer in the shower even! And that's only what you see, not what you don't. Yep, I'd venture to say he's an alcoholic, since my husband is (and diagnosed by professionals). Good luck to you.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoodKarma View Post
Now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever seen him drink any water!
My xAH drank a few cups of coffe each day. Other than that, all his liquid intake was alcohol.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I suppose there are different ways of enjoying it Astro. Thanks for the reply.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My AH justifies that he is not an alcoholic because all he drinks is beer (and apparently vodka because I've run across bottles in the strangest places). He has had months at a time where he drank either an 18 or a 30 pack every day....7 days a week. He holds a steady job, has gone 18 years without a DUI, has won all kinds of awards for his work, rarely appears rip-roaring drunk, and is about to lose his wife and kids because of it. Yep, I'd say beer drinkers can be alcoholics, too.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My brother switched to beer, apparently because it does't irritate his stomach as much as vodka does. He's still going to need the liver transplant.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My ex tried to tell me that he wasn't an alcoholic, he "just really likes beer!" Well, I really like french fries, but I don't eat them everyday, and I don't hide the empty boxes in the garage, or run out to get a bag of them while he's at work and I'm home by myself in the afternoon. It was his warm fondness for beer that eventually killed our relationship.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Getting to my HAPPY PLACE!

It was his warm fondness for beer that eventually killed our relationship

Ditto.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:08 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paintbaby View Post
It was his warm fondness for beer that eventually killed our relationship.
Me, too. I've mentioned it before, but my AH says ALL Germans drink beer. Never mind the fact that he is 1/2 German......maybe that's why he drinks light?

Not trying to joke about it, because I do feel like it's a sad existence, but sometimes you just gotta wonder where this stuff comes from!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Just before we broke up, my exabf told me that he could only see me during the week (to sit on my couch, watch my tv and drink beer) because on the weekends, he likes to hang out with his friends and really drink beer and party. Since I drink very little, I wouldn't be invited to hang out with him and his friends on the weekend. Leaving me alone.

He also only bathed once a week and it got to the point he was usually too drunk to have sex. He told me that if I wanted to have sex, it would have to be early in the morning before he started drinking.

Great boyfriend huh!