Stuff I don't miss!

Old 01-28-2009, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stuff I don't miss!

It's been almost a year since my exah moved out. Unfortunately I still have to speak to him on the phone occasionally because we have a 14 year old son. I try to keep our conversations to a minimum but I still get to hear more than I care to about what is going on in his life but it reminds me that I don't miss him or his problems. Here is a short list of things I would have tossed in my lap if we were still married.

1. He will owe the IRS $2000 come 4/15 because he claimed too many exemptions. (he tried to convince me that I should pay it because we were married until July, my reply was "no thanks, I gave already).

2. His union is suing him because he has not paid his dues in 5 years (I refused to pay them). Imagine that! the nerve of those people!

3. He has to pay his car payment, and his rent and utilites and stuff! Imagine that! Less money for beer! Oh the horror!

4.He has to give our son $4 for school lunch when he has visitation. Shocking! News Flash! Kids cost money! Film at 11!

He goes on and on, it's all I can do to keep a straight face before gracefully bowing out of the conversation.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, I am with you. I have been divorced for a little over a month and do not miss the alcoholic behavior. She has already gone through the 17k she got in the settlement already. How crazy is that?
DON'T MISS IT
Old 01-28-2009, 08:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No Codie No More.

I don't miss the erradic behavior, don't miss being treated like garbage,don't miss not being valued but I do miss the person that I only got a glimpse of. sad but true..

such a amazing woman not meeting her potential.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Absolutely, the nerve of all those conspiring against him. That is dreadful. Too bad alcoholics can't get themselves included with the "Drop the debt" campaign; let Bono speak out on their behalf so all those unfair creditors can aid humanity.

PS: you're killing me.

Originally Posted by hadenoughnow View Post
It's been almost a year since my exah moved out. Unfortunately I still have to speak to him on the phone occasionally because we have a 14 year old son. I try to keep our conversations to a minimum but I still get to hear more than I care to about what is going on in his life but it reminds me that I don't miss him or his problems. Here is a short list of things I would have tossed in my lap if we were still married.

1. He will owe the IRS $2000 come 4/15 because he claimed too many exemptions. (he tried to convince me that I should pay it because we were married until July, my reply was "no thanks, I gave already).

2. His union is suing him because he has not paid his dues in 5 years (I refused to pay them). Imagine that! the nerve of those people!

3. He has to pay his car payment, and his rent and utilites and stuff! Imagine that! Less money for beer! Oh the horror!

4.He has to give our son $4 for school lunch when he has visitation. Shocking! News Flash! Kids cost money! Film at 11!

He goes on and on, it's all I can do to keep a straight face before gracefully bowing out of the conversation.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rkymtncowboy View Post
She has already gone through the 17k she got in the settlement already. How crazy is that?
Totally insane.

There is no limit to the amount of money an addict can p i s s away.

People I have met at open AA meetings tell stories about losing hundreds of thousands of dollars, freezing in their homes with unpaid heating bills but never out of booze/drugs.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I do not miss expecting when Mr Hyde would strike again.
I do not miss the drunken quarrels.
I do not miss a Sunday missed because the guy would be recovering all day from his drinks, and no, I stayed there next to him, when what I really wanted to do was go out and see the sun shine.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm suffering from still being married to an A envy!!!!LOL!
Old 01-30-2009, 06:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had a good laugh at your post. My AH and I are separated and he has custody of our children every other weekend and every Thursday overnight. I am secretly delighted when we have a snow day or one of the children is sick on his custody time and my AH has to change his plans to take care of the children. Once upon a time, he could rely on me (a former SAHM), but now I'm working and he has no social network to go to for help.

He is also finding that he is cash-strapped now that he pays support and has rent, utilities, etc., to pay for. I wonder how he is accommodating his $300/month wine bill?
Old 01-30-2009, 11:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

That is what I was thinking / at least codependency is free... lol