We are officially out

Old 01-25-2009, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm growing

We are officially out

SO Last Friday We (the kids and myself) moved in to our new apartment.

It has been really difficult....but I know why I have to be there. I won't have the internet at my new place till later this week. It has been hard not being able to post. But I do have my Al- anon group

Ah and I are going to counseling. He cntinues to meet with his Addiction Recovery therapist. I am not sure if he is going to meetings or not. I am pretty sure he is still drinking, but I don't concern myself with it.

It is so freeing not seeing the effects of alcoholism everyday. It is definately better from that aspect!

My younger dd is having some difficulty with the transition, hopefully time and consistency will help that.

I guess we have to figure out how to live as a seperated couple. I am really not sure what the "rules" are.

I am not sure that AH is really getting this though. He said to me the other day (when I came to get more of my stuff from the house), "The more stuff you take, it's like you're never coming back."

To which I said, "I may not, I can no longer live with an active alcoholic."

Thanks for listening :ghug2
Old 01-25-2009, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on taking the steps you need to take to protect yoursel fand your daughter. {hugs}

Originally Posted by Daisy30 View Post
I guess we have to figure out how to live as a seperated couple. I am really not sure what the "rules" are.

You'll figure that out as time goes by and you see what you and your daughter need those "rules" to be. Be patient with yourself. This is a big change for you all.