Forced into Choosing

Old 01-23-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
mtr

Mambo Queen,

You have received some very good advice from people who know your pain. Use it to your advantage and don't think twice.

Some years back my AH came home high/drunk and ornery. Anything could have triggered his temper to flare. I couldn't tell you what I said or did to triggered his reaction, but he completely turned on me. We were in our bedroom and I knew I had to get out of the house. I tried to leave the room; my hand was on the door knob, but he grabbed me and pushed me down on the bed. I tried to get up, but he straddled me, and proceded to choke me. I was so shocked all I could do was grab his hand to try to relieve the pressure from my neck. Those few moments seemed like an eternity. After he thought he had me under control he got up and took a shower like nothing happened. The moment I heard him in the shower I called 911. Seconds after I called I called back to stop the police from coming. I actually pleaded with the operator to stop the units from coming, but once you call them there is no taking it back. What was I thinkin'? The police came and I told them that I was okay (no- something was wrong with my mind trying to protect him). Til this day I wish I had proceeded with the arrest. Since that time he has not put his hands on me, but as you've read in other replies, their sickness in progressive and I wouldn't put it pass my AH to possibly come at me again if he thought he was losing control. I don't live in fear on a daily basis, but it's always in the back of my mind.

I wish you wellness and peace.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mambo Queen, I'm so glad you got out and hope you are safe and have filed for the restraining order. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I hope you check in with us, Mambo Queen! I have been keeping you in my prayers! :ghug :ghug
Old 01-24-2009, 10:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Mambo Queen, My heart and thoughts and prayers are with you...I hope you are safe now and taking the measures you need to, to keep safe, please check in with us when you are able
Old 01-24-2009, 10:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wow, it was hard reading this story. I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope you get to a safe place. I'm not sure I'd want to stay in the same house as someone who beat me like that. I'd be filing charges but I know that that is easier said than done.

I hope you at least get a restraining order or a protective order. You need to let others know as well IMO. (((Mambo Queen)))
Old 01-24-2009, 10:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Mambo Queen thank you for sharing your story with us. We are here to support you, know you are not alone and many people are thinking of you. Your post made me remember the quarrels with the XAH and helped me through a tough night. Thank you.

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and I think you are very brave. Although this was really unfortunate it triggered you to action so please remember there are better times to come. Your post made me remember my Finnish friends that have undergone physical violence for years - you do not deserve this... May God gives us all clarity and strength. Hugs!