just occurred to me

Old 01-17-2009, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just occurred to me

after reading a thread about getting a call at a certain time at nite...that all those bars where everybody flocks to ....with the projection that this is where everyone needs to be if you really want to be having all the fun....and yet here on this foru,m is where the reality reflects how very many of those people who bought into that belief ...that the bar is where it's at...are really on the road to destruction and taking their loved ones with them.

We were at a stop light and there was a perfect example...the colored lights, the neon signs, the big screen tvs, the "lounge" look, even the catchy names they come up with..."Last call saloon"....."the blarney stone"....."the drink til you sink"....how about something more like "the end of the road zone", "the slowly, painfully kill yourself bar", "cheaper to poison than work on the pain"...

just reinforces the "i'm not missing anything" feeling i have with no desire to go to all those "fun" places.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't forget that without your beer goggles the following behaviors at absolutely unattractive: throwing up in public, urinating in public, "losing" your vehicle, forgetting your phone number, waking up without knowing how you got home, waking up without knowing whose house you're at, using vulgar language...

Hmm, I know that just scratches the surface, but you'd think a list like that would be enough!
Old 01-17-2009, 03:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
it is what it is...

Remember however, it is the choice of the patrons of those bars as to how it will be for them. I think there is such a negative connotation for those of us that have suffered because of someone else's choices it is easy to forget that many people can go to the bar and enjoy an drink or two and some conversation.

I guess the same thought should go for the names of beer. The one that comes to mind and sounds the most accurate is "moose drool" ! LOL
Old 01-17-2009, 11:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
..discover it.

Haha, Escape Artist! I feel ya! Not just bars, but also commercials for alcoholic beverages!

But it is indeed our choice. Just like how they make fast-food commercials so enticing- Hah! You don't see any of them saying, "Eventually you're gonna gain 25 pounds when ya get hooked on our #5!" Just like a commercial won't say, "That pretty girl with the beer has herpes because she can't remember who she goes home with at the end of the night."

Harsh but true.