Sort of OT: I have decided to move

Old 12-30-2008, 05:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sort of OT: I have decided to move

I have decided that moving would be a good idea. For one, i go to school in philadelphia but im living in atlanta. although i finished my undergrad online, my inability to focus makes me want to give regular schooling there a shot. Not to mention being on campus - i can use the gym =)

i have decided this will help me be "in the moment". My thoughts of my ex and obsessing over him will HOPEFULLY be replaced by more engaging things regarding the move and my new lifestyle: researching/finding new doctors, getting around town, a new alanon group, a new therapist, NEW NEW NEW.

and maybe help me focus on school since its right there and ill be less distracted - i am quitting my band here and will know less people.

my town has been painted with memories of my ex, as well as my apartment. a new space will be nice. new memories, new people.

i hate giving up my aprtment - its a historic deal and beautiful. i keep saying, i could always find another apartment just as good if not better but its hard to believe (!). i dont really want to give it up but oh well. win some you lose some i guess.

i cant say i havent thought about how this is going to affect Him. I feel like it could help him move on, and it might make things worse for me. i am not sure. i havent fully accepted that we shouldnt be together. or that hes not the one. but i guess even if that as true, if he was he would still be the one later when i got it goether and get enough out of my new experience in philadelphia.

i am hoping i will be a changed person!!! which is funny since i HATE change =)
movng helps strengthen our self esteem i think, since we have to do things for ourselves and they work out. i moved once before and i also met lifelong friends i am forever thankful for. ofcourse that move didnt work out so well but i think things will be different now that i have more experience.

thanks for letting me share.

all thoughts or experiences welcome.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

genrs123,

Good Luck! It sounds like you've thought this through and may be ready for the experience. And the good thing is, you can take all of us with you for support!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 06:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck, genrs. Change can be a very challenging but good thing.
And I love philadelphia, so....it should be fun establishing a new life.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

You'll get there at the perfect time - you'll see the transition from cold weather to warm ... it's so good for the soul to experience that kind of Spring.

Good luck!!!