If anyone is feeling down, please PM me

Old 12-24-2008, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

If anyone is feeling down, please PM me

I'll be on the board this evening and tomorrow. Sadly, AH is pretty much passed out all the time. However, it allows me time to enjoy doing things in peace and quiet.

I realize this is a stressful time of year for so many people who have dealt or are dealing with an A in their lives.

If I can be of any help at all, please PM me. I want to be of any help possible.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Merry Christmas Prodigal

(I'm waiting for Santa to show up, so I can go to bed)
Old 12-25-2008, 09:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Prodigal!
Old 12-25-2008, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Merry Christmas Prodigal! and Thanks!
Old 12-25-2008, 09:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ago

Thanks Prodigal

You Rock!!!!!!
Old 12-25-2008, 10:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Thanks Prodigal

You Rock!!!!!!
Yes you do!!!!! I know a little bit more probably about your 'daily' living conditions, and know what you are going through.

You are a wonderful example of "Recovery In Progress."

Thank you for being here.

Have a peaceful and serene day my friend!!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 12-25-2008, 01:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks prod, and a i hope you have a peaceful day.

you and several other people on this forum have come to my aid several times personally and you all will never know what it meant for me.

thank you so much for giving of yourself......you are a jewel.

much love to you
jeri
Old 12-25-2008, 02:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi, I am BRAND NEW here, but have been reading the forums for quite a while. I would like to contact you, but don't know what PM means. (Having a really sucky Christmas...) Thanks for offering!!!
Old 12-25-2008, 02:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I too am having a sucky xmas.....Maybe we could help each other....Who is the addict in your life?

I see that you live are in Wisconsin also.....Hello neighbor.....

Cassandra
Old 12-25-2008, 02:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
cmc

Originally Posted by Kalizmidan View Post
Hi, I am BRAND NEW here, but have been reading the forums for quite a while. I would like to contact you, but don't know what PM means. (Having a really sucky Christmas...) Thanks for offering!!!

Hi, the easiest way to send a private message is to click on the person's name that is right over their avatar pic. This will give you several other options as well. Once you send the message, you can look for a reply on the upper right hand of the page just above the blue bar. The link is right under where it says "Welcome ____." and "You last visited at...."

That ought to be enough to get you started, but if you are new here you won't be able to send a pm until you have at least accumulated about 10 (?) posts...maybe more- or less, after all this time I forgot exactly how many you need...sorry!
Old 12-25-2008, 03:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
cmc

prodigal
Old 12-25-2008, 03:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks, cmc & Cassandra2!!! Just tried to shoot a PM to Cassandra2 and a box popped up saying I have to have 5 posts first. THAT won't be a problem!!! I am SOOO glad I have found this community; it has definitely helped to keep me sane over the past several weeks!!! It feels sooo good to know I'm not alone.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks

last Xmas I was in rehab and actually felt safe and happy with the others. I had 3 people for dinner last night which was good. Today I feel a bit lonely. More than a bit. I am sick of being single. (I'm 38) I have 6 months and 3 weeks of consisten sobriety.

A person who worked in the same job as me and was surprisingly in rehab when I was last Xmas committed suicide earlier this month. I was devastated as he and I kept in contact and were to meet for coffee. Plus he had more sobriety and AA experience than me.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
cmc

Hello newey, I'm sorry about the loss of your friend. I hope you will continue to read and post here, there's lots of support on this site. It's nice to meet you.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome newey...Sorry to hear that you are having a tough time. But GLAD to hear that you are sober!!!!

Kaliz....Take a look around the site read the posts...You will find so many of us in your boat. I dont know your story but I can imagine if it involved drugs or alcohol it is much like ours.

The thing about addiction is while it affects everyone either addict/alcoholic different the games they play are still the same.

My ex was addicted to oxy's and percs. He has over a month clean right now but thats all. He has made no real progress in recovery. Just maintaining. In fact I currently would not be surprised to hear that he has relapsed. This is a difficult time of year even when you dont have major life issues.

Well keep posting. I will keep checking back....
Old 12-25-2008, 04:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I hope you who have PM'd me get my return msg.

I am just responding to my PM's. Sorry for the delay. I'm watching "Ben Hur" on TCM.

If anyone else here is still in the dumps, just let me know. I'm here to listen. I'll be back soon, but it's almost time to watch the chariot race where Judah Ben Hur wipes out his arch-enemy, the Roman, Massalla.

Gee, guess I've seen this movie more times than the "Wizard of Oz" .....

Old 12-25-2008, 05:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Kalizmidan welcome to SR.

Kaliz and Cassandra, exWisconite here. roflmao. Left in 1979. Still have a daughter living in Lake Mills, and a sister living outside West Bend.

Yep grew up there, graduated HS there in '63, Brookfield Central HS. Know, knew Mukwonago well, rofl

I live in the southern part of New Mexico and have for years and years. Family knows they have to visit me here, I will NOT go back to that state, I absolutely DESPISE,

SNOW........................COLD.................. ...............and HUMIDITY

And Wisconsin has all 3 in great numbers.

So you Wisconites, stay WARM and DRY.

Kaliz you have found a great place. Read the 'stickys' and let us know how we can help you.

Love and hugs,
Old 12-25-2008, 05:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Really nice to see everyone. My daughter is working at the hospital, my son went to girlfriends after dinner. My aunt is on her death bed; I was suppose to go to the hospital to help my mom tonight. She told me to wait until tomorrow. Husband went two hours away to his sisters. A last minute thing; I wasn't doing "anything" for Christmas. Translation: "anything fun" aka drinking...

So I'm here alone, well with my cat, just hanging out. It's been a really sad holiday. Glad to be here with you all though...
Old 12-25-2008, 08:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

(((brundle))) - you are NOT alone. I'm here. Hey, I've been alone for almost three years ... sure, AH is a body floating around, but holidays - forget it!

If you need anything - like venting or crying or whatever - please let me know. People here stick by one another. Yeah, lonely can really stink; but I'd rather be lonely with me than lonely with an A ...

Old 12-25-2008, 08:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

(((prodigal)))........A Very Merry Christmas to you. It's good to know there's someone out there who's got my back!