i got arrested

Old 12-22-2008, 10:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i got arrested

imagine my shock when two policemen showed up at my door with a warrant for my arrest!

seems as if my xah had been skimming quite a bit of money from the business i was managing and fixing it all so it wouldn't show up.....at least on my end.

i'm crushed. i had no idea how far he would go to destroy me.

i'm not afraid because i have done nothing wrong.

i think back now, and at the time, i wondered why he always encouraged me to take the day off and let him run the office......my health has been really bad, and for about 3 solid months, he let me pile up in bed (with illnessess and depression) while he did his evil.

i hate him so much. i used to feel empathy for him, but now i believe he is pure evil and i hate him.

it will all come out in the wash, but when will this friggin nightmare end? what more can he possibly do to me and my life?

surprisingly, i have no problem going out into the community and holding my head high. i hate him so much it is unbelievable. i'm offering no explanations to people who ask out in the community. i figure the least said, the better off i am right now.

i can't wait to see him hung high.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

afterthought......why did i trust him? because he had been sober for 18 months, but was still mean as a snake? because the books always added up?

just being sober doesn't mean they are ok. some people are just evil. he is one.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ago

Originally Posted by embraced2000 View Post
just being sober doesn't mean they are ok. some people are just evil. he is one.
Very True

Confusing isn't it? I mean baffling to get involved with someone like that.

It was for me, I'm very very sorry to say this post made me "feel better" but it did, it made me realize that I'm not alone, that there really people out there that just do awful sh1t to us.

I expect full updates about how when he finally gets dragged in front of the judge and it's "all your fault" somehow, how you held a gun up to his head (from bed miles away) and made him steal that money, hell his drinking was probably all your fault too. Should be some pretty good fictional reading listening to his side of the story.

I don't know about "evil" but "nasty human being" sure leaps to mind. The hard part for me was actually blaming myself for their behavior, how "dirty" and "soiled" I felt, and how twisted and guilty they try to make us feel when they absolutely "project" all their own crap onto us.

Sorry you are going through this, and I have to say, I look forward to him meeting his next "girlfriend" in Jail, the dynamics of THAT relationship might be a bit different then what he's used to.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

an a**hole will always be an a***ole regardless of alcohol/drugs.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

(((embraced))) Wow, what a B******.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am so sorry you have to deal with this on top of everything else! {hugs}
Old 12-23-2008, 05:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So stinking sorry! HUGS!!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear it, embraced. Your plan to carry on sounds like a good one. It's been 3 years for me and people are finally seeing the lies. Hang in there!
Old 12-23-2008, 08:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you have to deal with this on top of everything else. And I love that you carry your head high- good for you! I've had to do the same thing. It's not easy, but I have to believe that all will be revealed, and all I want is to live my life doing the next right thing- every day. Take care. I believe justice will be served. ((()))
Old 12-23-2008, 08:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((hugs)))

i'm so sorry to hear this, but, like you, i'm sure it will come out okay in the end.

how scary, the damage and wreckage they can cause isn't it? so sorry that your the one that is paying for it.

i hope people that follow the stories here learn from them and through them will hopefully protect themselves and will think long and hard before becoming involved with an addict. i wouldn't wish what we have suffered on anybody.

keep that head high - this too shall pass.

i'm saying a prayer right now for your health and sanity embraced.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thanks so everyone for your responses.

my sons are ready to hunt him down and do harm to him. i told them i certainly didn't need my children to get in trouble because of him. not another worry is needed here.

and hope, you are so right......i hope others will learn to never trust an active alcoholic in the type of environment i was in.....a vulnerable one where i was responsible for a business's money.

i can't wait for the disclosure so i can see what he has done.

and damn, jail is not the holiday inn, for sure. i figured that out real quick when i asked for a diet coke.

anyway, i'm still in shock about what he has done. i know it had to be him, because i sure know it wasn't me that did anything wrong.

oh, i want to call him so many names here, but i can't, so you all just imagine what i'm wanting to really say.

damn him all to hell. i have worked so hard in the business community to make a good name for myself. ....good pr, good sales, good customer service, my word was solid and true, particiapation in all the tourism programs to further tourism.........worked so damn hard for a high, respectable profile.

i wish i could smash him like a bug on the street.

i have moments of devastation, then moments of almost a high about proving it out in court. then i think,,,,,,,,,,,if only i had kicked his sorry arse to the gutter where he belongs, none of this would have happened.

and so much for my former thoughts of "poor souls, they are sick". it makes me want the throw up. what he has done was pure evil.......and the whole time proclaiming his undying love for me, our "special connection"......yea, right, the special connection was his sneaky evil hand sliding under the cash drawer, and his undying love was a love that he could with someone who was responsible for a business's money.

sorry for the rant.......my emotions are all over the place....unbridled anger, pride, hurt, embarrassment, shame that people will be buzzing about it........god, how i wish he was a bug in my path.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

:ghug
Old 12-23-2008, 09:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
cmc

(((Jeri))))
Old 12-23-2008, 09:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

well, at least they didn't handcuff me, and they kept telling me how sorry they were (the police officers).

but not once did they read me my rights. is that normal?
Old 12-23-2008, 11:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ago

Originally Posted by embraced2000 View Post

and damn, jail is not the holiday inn, for sure. i figured that out real quick when i asked for a diet coke.

Best. Quote. Ever.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(( jeri ))

Walking thru the carnage with dignity and grace is a gift of YOUR recovery. I'm sorry you're going thru this, but I imagine you'll come out of it on top.

Big hugs and encouragement to you all the way from snowy Iowa!

Cats
Old 12-24-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi embraced
Anyone that takes a stand about your business or has second opinions about the quality of your service did not know you or your business well.
People will always talk, I have been feeling vulnerable as well at work as they are about 100 guys, many of them are my ex's long time friends. So I have heard what they say about me as a woman... and as a coworker.. one even said I did not deserve the place I've got. That hurt me a great deal.

I know you like me will focus on the job, on doing business as usual. In Don Quixote they say "listen to the dogs barking.. that is because they see us pass" or something of the sorts... I know many people will be confused or have a wrong impression.. but if you keep your service as you have been doing so far then it will talk for itself. And I know the truth about who is who will get out.

I am sorry you are going through this, but I know you will get back to your feet soon
hugs!
Old 12-29-2008, 06:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

hey Embraced, long time no write, ey?

I just came to check in and here you are - I had looked for you some months ago but you hadn't posted in a long time. Neither have I.

So now you know his true nature - he is the scorpion who stings cause that's his nature. When this is all over, you can finally be totally and completely done with him. Done. Finally and totally. That is what will come out of it in the end. In the meantime, please do talk with a good lawyer.

You're on my mind ...
Old 12-29-2008, 06:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
No Codie No More.

hey Embraced, curious to your current situation, have you contacted a lawyer?
Old 12-29-2008, 07:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

So sorry you have to go through this..((hugs))