Old 12-22-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Have fun and Merry Christmas!

L
Old 12-22-2008, 02:13 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Hugs, JustMe!

I just wanted to say that I really appreciate you sharing this conversation, this difficult time. I love your honesty, and I think you're a talented writer.

I, also, gasped at your mother's "I'm sorry I'm such a bad mom" comment. That is EXACTLY my mom's way of "apologizing", too.

Recovery has revealed the dysfunction that underlies SO many of my relationships. You'll get better at noting, and avoiding, it in the future.

Take care, sweets. Enjoy the ocean!

-TC
Old 12-22-2008, 02:17 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hugs and safe travels, JustMe. The beach will be a wonderful place to work on your bomb-proof, MOM-proof, inner serenity.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:34 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Just wanted to send out some holiday hugs to you. I read your first post & wondered how things went with your family. You sound like an incredibly strong person & should be very proud of the progress you've made in your own recovery so far.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:15 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Ago

I'm just frightened that we all seem to have the same mother, it's like "Invasion of the Body Snatcher's" or something skeery like that, how they are able to "sit in the dark" and suffer so loudly so that people passing by would like look and say "what are you doing to that poor poor woman, what a wonderful, courageous woman to endure so much hardship." while I was like.... ummmmm......this is not what's really going on here.

I actually labeled my mother's behavior "The 'Bad Mom' Syndrome" whenever she spiraled out of control.

My mother was "supporting" my sister and her daughter, and "beating her breast" about how it was eating her life savings, then over the next few years I found out she was getting $$$ from her brothers and own mother and keeping quiet and having me work for her for minimum wage to "support the family" so she was actually making a pretty good living "crying poor" and "suffering nobly".

Interesting lot these mothers.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:16 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Awesome JustMe! I am jealous you get to spend time on the beach- I will be living through you while I am out walking my dog in the snow.

Your counseling session sounds like it could be the start of a good thing too!

(((Merry Christmas!)))