I've got barnacles

Old 12-16-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Okay sounds to me like you had LN, liquid nitrogen, it should blister and peel off, but that does not always happen it may persist so promise me MRS. BARNACLE that you will have it rechecked by a dermatologist! I do Mohs surgery twice a week,(removal of skin cancer)
Did the Dr. do pathology?
Sorry to be the "Davey Jones" here put I just see to much of this stuff.
Love you,
Kermmie
Old 12-16-2008, 11:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It still sounds painful LOL!
Old 12-16-2008, 02:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

first of all....i'm so ever thankful that it was just a barnacle.

secondly.....it's a beauty mark from now on, ok?

i had a skin tag (old woman growth) on my neck. a friend of mine she could fix it right up by tying a piece of thread around it very tightly and it would just fall off.

talk about pain. after two days i told her to pull it off, cut it off, or burn it off....anything to get the "easy as pie remedy" offa my poor neck.

she backed off and said, hey, i'm not a doctor. i said "oh yes you are....a witch doctor"

i wasn't even embarassed when i went to my doc and said get it off!!!.

he said, around here we tie off fallopian tubes, not skin tags.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ahoy there, my hearties, I picture FD as a treasure map with X marking the spot.

Reading all these comical posts has had me chuckling away to myself.
As for "extra parts" as one ages, Hell no please. I have enough trouble looking at the parts I already have that have either expanded, shrunk, sagged, flopped, dropped or scrunched up into wrinkles.
Coming from Qld, supposedly the skin cancer capital of the world, the general rule of dealing with any "barnacle" or nasty on the body has pathology done on what is excised.
Gives a lot of peace of mind to those who have found something.
Hope you don't have any more, or you could go from treasure map to a noughts and crosses board.

God bless
Old 12-17-2008, 06:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Okay sounds to me like you had LN, liquid nitrogen, it should blister and peel off, but that does not always happen it may persist so promise me MRS. BARNACLE that you will have it rechecked by a dermatologist! I do Mohs surgery twice a week,(removal of skin cancer) Did the Dr. do pathology?
It must have been liquid nitrogen because the doctor did say it would blister and peel off, and if that didn't take care of it I should come back and he'd hit it again with the magic barnacle remover wand or he'd cut it out. He didn't biopsy it. If it persists, I'll go to a dermatologist instead of my GP just to be on the safe side.

It's been a bit more sore yesterday and today so I guess the liquid nitrogen is doing its thing. Thanks for all the good wishes and fun responses.