How bad would it be if I didn't wait till after Christmas?

Old 12-16-2008, 02:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiredlady2006 View Post
and now we are maybe 2 hours later from my post earlier...I am starting to second guess myself. Why do I do that!?
For me, it was fear about change.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

in my case it didn't matter when i left, it was still gonna get as nasty as it got.

christmas was just another day in the depths of all the craziness. i finally asked myself....so how have all my other christmas's been with him? answer was awful.

so, imho, it doesn't matter when you do it, just that you do it if that is what you want to do. he will quack like hell, but so what?

i learned not to wait for special events before i made him leave, or i left. it didn't matter, really, cause it was all just crazy. once i got it over with, the peace was great.

good luck and much love
jeri
Old 12-16-2008, 02:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiredlady2006 View Post
and now we are maybe 2 hours later from my post earlier...I am starting to second guess myself. Why do I do that!?
For it it was in part years of doubting myself and my perceptions of reality. I knew in my gut that it was awful living with my xAH and that I needed to get out. But those doubting voices would start to whisper. If I let them. It took practice but I got them to shut up and I did leave.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It is true, putting your reasons for leaving in writing will help out a lot. Having somthing to read that reminded me of how bad it is, was enough to keep me going, even when I was trying to talk myself out of leaving. This worked really well for me.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

yes, that's why I started posting on here as well, so I can come back and read where my mind was at and try to keep my nerve going.