Difficult time of year.....

Old 12-16-2008, 01:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Kind Eyes,

I am so sorry for your loss. I have said a prayer for you and your family.

Glad that you are reaching out for support as you continue with your recovery journey...

Peace to you,

Shivaya
Old 12-16-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have to agree with everyone else, "WELCOME BACK". It's been almost 7 years now (day after Christmas) since we lost my FIL to a tragic one car accident. He was also my husbands business partner. We are hit with what would have been his birthday Christmas Eve, to Christmas, and then to the anniversary of his death the day after.

Just hang in there, and ignore that quacking. He's sick.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh my......it took me a while to get back here after my original post above. Snow storms, Christmas, out-of-town visitors.......such a busy time.

I am so amazed at the beautiful and kind responses. You are all such amazing people. Thank you. The warm welcome from all of you felt like arms wrapping around me in a great big group hug. You are all the best!

Christmas was a happy but tear filled day. I suppose the year full of "firsts" is tough. It's only been three months since Dad died and this was the first Christmas without him. My Dad always said the prayer at our gatherings. In his honor, I said the prayer on Christmas Day.....it was so hard.....and I cried......but I felt him there with me.

The day that I received the call that my father had been killed in the accident I was reading a book called "The Shack". I was in my bedroom reading when the phone rang. It was my brother. He told me that Dad's plane had crashed that morning in Chelan, Washington and that Dad was killed on impact. I remember saying "no no no no" and walking into the family room and handing the phone to my husband. Then I simply fell to the floor and began to scream.......I couldn't stop...... Do I believe in a higher power? I have to. It is more than just circumstance that put that particular book in my hand when I received this terrible news. The book brought me so much comfort.

I've been numb for three months now. In an odd way, it's a similar numb that I felt for so many years as my A son's life spiraled out of control. I have to remind myself that there are things I do not control. The Serenity Prayer has been my constant companion through this difficult time.

I am so thankful to have SR to come to. I am so thankful for all of you.

gentle hugs
Old 12-29-2008, 08:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Kindeyes, So sorry for the loss of your Dad, I still really miss my Dad too..((Hugs))