if you can't change the circumstances...

Old 12-09-2008, 06:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

if you can't change the circumstances...

then change your attitude...

i read that the other day and thought (and shared at a meeting last night) - truer words could not be spoken...

i haven't been posting but try and read and keep up with everyone - i see a response i think i may have posted and just don't sign in - lame, huh??!! anyways....

i just wanted to share that tidbit of wisdom and for anyone who remembers the *lil guys* and my sister - their doing good - i made amends to my sister and apologized for trying to make her jump through hoops and prove anything to me to regain custody of the lil guys - and realized (after some time and meetings) that i was taking care of her kids when she was unable to - she and i haven't seen each other since that day in may over a year ago but i've seen the lil guys and just enjoyed the heck out of them - they are REaLy really good smart kids - both in school and thriving...

things here at home are good too - i am determined that next year is going to be the best ever - i hope my husband will be there with me - it's up to him - we are in a really good place though - i really think the truth will set you free...

good to be here :bounce - and even if i'm not posting - i';m here...

love,
sue
Old 12-09-2008, 06:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by itiswhatitis... View Post
then change your attitude...
YES!

I've been blessed with what I describe as a very small shift in the way I see my world, from just slightly negative, to slightly positive. It has made a TREMENDOUS difference in my life. I am very grateful for this gift.

Thanks for checking in.

Thanks and God bless us all, :praying
Coyote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sobriety has given me the opportunity to really reflect on the person I was inevitably becoming, and how glad I am that I veered from that path. It seems ever since I stopped drinking more things go the way I like them to because I pursue my goals with so much more ambition, that and if things go wrong I don't freak out and get hammered, I think of a way to resolve it or find another solution logically.
Thanks
God Bless