Blogs

Notices

OT- DD and I enjoying our Christmas lites

Old 12-08-2008, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awakening

OT- DD and I enjoying our Christmas lites

Well we had A LOT of errands and things to do this weekend, and some how I neglected to hang up our Christmas lights. I know, I know, Bad daddy.

Any who while driving around today at work I began to dread this project, its cold and will be dark, and all the other reasons I could come up with. But from Alanon and living with a 7yo, I've begun to explore "thinking OUTSIDE the box".

I decided why in the world would I hang beautiful, blinking Christmas lights "OUTSIDE", when we spend most of our time 'INSIDE"? I know, I couldn't come up with a good answer to that either! :wtf2

So now we have 23ft of beautiful, multicolored, flashing no less, Christmas lights around the "INSIDE" of DD's bedroom window. Now as she nods off to sleep she will have a large smile plastered to her face, and I've been elevated to my proper status as "best daddy in the world". Everybody's a winner!

We even decided why in the world would someone take down such beautiful lights just because it wasn't Christmas any more? I know, we couldn't come up with a good answer for that either!

Merry Christmas every one and God bless us all, :praying
Coyote

God!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Now that is awesome!!!! I do the same thing here, no lights on the outside either, though my 'little' girl still at home is 20! I do up my computer room too!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Coyote --
your post made tears spring to my eyes-
My Dad always loved decorating the house -sometimes my sister and I would be like "Dad! Enough!" He would just roll his eyes and giggle - he liked a good ribbing from his DD's.
When I was 19 and had moved away to New York City I came home for Christmas - when I called to tell him what time my train was arriving I said "I hope you haven't gone nuts with the house this year"- and he said "Oh, no not at all" He met me on the train platform wearing a Santa beard and hat - and when we got home I found he had not gone crazy with the house but had decked the halls in my sister & my old room! It was incredible - fairy lights all over - revolving color wheel in the corner - pine branches around the windows!! We had a great time me playing "exasperated" and him playing "what'd I do??" It was the kind of thing that only could have happened after he found recovery - by then he had been sober/recovered about 4 years..life was good...

You're building marvelous warm memories for your DD! You made me really miss my Dad!!

peace & happy Christmas!
B
Old 12-09-2008, 02:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

((((Coyote))))

I love the stories you tell about you and your DD! You are making some awesome memories and you are both very blesssed to have each other.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-09-2008, 04:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Those "Aw Dad" stories are truly a blessing and your story brought tears to my eyes. There are none of those moments here anymore; it's been so long I can't even remember when they stopped, your daughter is so lucky!

HUGS!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 12:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coyote21 View Post
and I've been elevated to my proper status as "best daddy in the world".
D*mn, straight, coyote :ghug3

GL
Old 12-09-2008, 05:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by brundle View Post
Those "Aw Dad" stories are truly a blessing and your story brought tears to my eyes. There are none of those moments here anymore; it's been so long I can't even remember when they stopped, your daughter is so lucky!

HUGS!!!!!!
((((Brundle))))) it saddens me to hear that, I hope you are learning your way back to "the good stuff".....we all deserve it you know.

Thanks and God bless us all, :praying
Coyote