Closure letters / eulogies

Old 12-03-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Closure letters / eulogies

Hi friends

I wanted to create this space for anyone that may need to write closure letters for others or from others... or eulogies as well.. I created this is another great message board so I thought about adding it here.

It has helped me a great deal to mourn my ex as if he was dead.. now the person I see is... well, someone else...

Hugs to all of you out there and thank you for sharing, you make me feel less lonely.

//////////

Friends and family

It is with an unspeakable grief in my heart that I present myself to you.

You all knew me as F's girlfriend. We shared most of this year together. I was very lucky.

I can still see his smile from across the room where we worked together. He used to make me laugh a lot. He always made a point on having a good time even if it was Monday morning.

Although he did not spend a lot of time with his family I could tell they mattered a great deal to him.

I remember how tired he was at work for spending all night next to his sister's, when she was in the hospital.

I also remember when he showed me some pictures when he was little and he was next to his mom, who passed away a few years ago.

He had a lot of friends and cared about them a lot. They were his strength.

We were deeply in love together. We laughed and cried together and we hugged a lot. We trusted each other a great deal.

I remember everyone told us we looked really cute together and that we both seemed very happy. I know I was. My mom told him she had never seen me so happy in my life.

When he got a chance to work somewhere else I told him he should take the opportunity and I would wait until I had a chance to join him there.

I remember the time when he was away, all those weekends, staring at the window waiting for him to arrive after his 8-hour drive. I still remember waking up those days when I knew he was coming to see me, with lots of hope and expectation, dressing up, talking about him with my roomie.

I remember when we cooked pasta and watched MTV. There was nothing more I could have asked for in this life.

I remember my roomie became his friend as well. She was so happy for me, when I finally got a job and was going to live with this boyfriend, who was handsome, caring and funny. I was happy when I was with him and with my best friend. I just felt so lucky.

I remember traveling to see him here and there. Once we went to a cute little town. It was one of the best weekends of my life. It was simple, there were no fancy restaurants or anything.. just walking and hugging him near the kiosk in a town without time. The sun shined for us.

Although it did not go as planned when we lived together, I still cherish all the moments we spent together in love. It breaks my heart trying to accept there will be no more of that love, of that wonderful friendship. It is very frustrating to describe just these few things and know I am the only one walking on this planet that has this special memory of him.

That my boyfriend is no longer with me and I have to face life all by myself, without being able to share with him my feelings, my success, my failures, my longing...

To F: you showed me paradise and you also showed me hell, with your absence. By the end, you made me feel alive again. I miss you today and I will be missing you the last day of my life. Although you may not have known it, you were that important for me.

I have been sad all this time thinking that everyday takes all what we lived further away, but that is not true. Time only proves how unforgettable and lovable you are to me and how precious was my time with you. I am grateful with God for placing you in my life.

When my time comes I will be joining you. What you and I have, this link between us is very special and trascends death... a love like ours prevails, no matter what. As the song goes "for your love, I've only got eternity". And that is true. I KNOW you still feel the deep love I have for you.

I miss you.