Having a bad day. Just want him to come home.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My husband moved out 1 week ago. He isn't currently drinking or smoking weed. He's made a lot of changes but will occasionally drink a few beers and smoke a joint. I asked him to leave because I can't take care of him anymore. The past 3 years have been chaotic and I have so much resentment towards him. In the next thought I think of how much I am going to miss him. He's got his good side for sure and I still love him, that is what makes it so hard to leave.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

SW,

How are things looking to you today?

(sending happy thoughts...)

TH
Old 12-01-2008, 03:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strongerwoman View Post
(HE was done with ME........ Ha!)

I hear that! I can't believe that my AH wants to divorce ME! I am the one who has put up with all his crap, I am the one who single-handedly cares for our child and our home, and HE wants to divorce ME???

I talked with my dad this weekend, and his experience with his exAW. He told me that sometimes its easier to walk away from the one that you are hurting just so that you don't have to feel so guilty every time that you see them.

I know it doesn't make it any easier, but understanding why they do these foolish things helps me sort through the emotions and the hurt. It also helps me not take everything quite so personally.

Last edited by jennygirl73; 12-01-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

In my opinion, when an alcoholic decides to leave his or her partner on their own volition, it's not a tragedy--it's a gift. It just takes time to see it that way.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My AH left me and our 2 boys 3 weeks ago when I said I was going to Alanon (after 23 years of marriage). I really think he thought his leaving would stop me from going. Well it didn't. I went to 4 meetings that first week and continue to go as often as possible. I'm on the road to a better, healthier and peaceful life without him. In the meantime he is a 46 year old man living in his mother's basement. I believe I got the better deal!

I like what FormerDoormat said:

In my opinion, when an alcoholic decides to leave his or her partner on their own volition, it's not a tragedy--it's a gift. It just takes time to see it that way.

Kaye