Having a tough few days ...just needing support

Old 09-14-2021, 08:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having a tough few days ...just needing support

Hi guys... I don't know why exactly but I am having a tough few days. It is a combo of a lot I suppose. I had my biggest wedding of the year cancel their wedding... They aren't having a wedding anymore but it was my biggest fall money maker. They told me just a few days ago. Then today I found out my paralegal never filed my paperwork with the courts... It has been months...When I spoke to her today...(it was my forth attempt to get a hold of her in the last 2 weeks) she sounded out of it or drunk... she kept calling me the wrong name..... I fired her today and have a consult with a new paralegal ... but I am out $500 for what I paid her already and I am months behind on something that should be signed and just sitting in the court system now... I didn't really have that extra $500 to lose especially after losing such a big contract with that wedding. I am just feeling like I can't catch a break. I am super positive and thankful most days.... I talked to my soon to be (god willing) exAH 1 time on the phone in over 3 months and he had let me know he was living with he ex wife (the one before me) parents in Tennessee... He has triangulated me with her in the past and it just hurt to know that... It feels like the 7 years we spent together and our marriage never existed. I feel like I didn't exist. It is a really strange feeling. it is eerie in a way. I guess I just was picturing her coming over there and them all having dinner as a family... with what was my family and it just vanished and I will never be able to see my step kids again and the whole thing is just so gross and sad.... and I just feel like he wins. He gets the kids... he has a free house to live in... I got left with the big fat lease to pay and the bills, no kids, paying for the whole divorce process... I feel like I am doing ******* all the adult stuff... so I guess similar to our marriage... I just had a really tough few days... I feel like that whackamole game at Chuckee Cheese... Every time I get courage to get up its like "nope... you stay down"... I know I am venting but I really could use some prayers today. Thank you everyone
Old 09-14-2021, 08:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hugs. You’re doing great. I wish I had the right words, but you are dealing with all of this so well.

I can see how it seems your ex has no consequences and you’re left with everything hard. You kind of are. Hopefully you can recoup some of the money and he has to be responsible financially for some of your lease and all kinds of other stuff when you both settle. That’s down the line.

you’ve got a good business, a good life that you’ve worked so hard for, and you are shedding the one thing that was dragggingbyou down and giving you so much self doubt- him.

Trust me, he’s in his own private hell right now. That’s what an active alcoholic’s headspace is, 24/7. Whatever it may look like from the outside, it’s hell in there. The ex’s parents won’t put up with that forever, and that whole situation is its own special brand if dysfunctional I’m sure.

one foot in front of the other, it will get better. It absolutely will.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
Hugs. You’re doing great. I wish I had the right words, but you are dealing with all of this so well.

I can see how it seems your ex has no consequences and you’re left with everything hard. You kind of are. Hopefully you can recoup some of the money and he has to be responsible financially for some of your lease and all kinds of other stuff when you both settle. That’s down the line.

you’ve got a good business, a good life that you’ve worked so hard for, and you are shedding the one thing that was dragggingbyou down and giving you so much self doubt- him.

Trust me, he’s in his own private hell right now. That’s what an active alcoholic’s headspace is, 24/7. Whatever it may look like from the outside, it’s hell in there. The ex’s parents won’t put up with that forever, and that whole situation is its own special brand if dysfunctional I’m sure.

one foot in front of the other, it will get better. It absolutely will.
Thank you I have settled on him not paying for anything. If I ask that of him he will most likely fight and not sign. It is the price I will have to pay for a peace of mind. I will have to grieve my step kids alone ( which I think has begun ). There will nbe zero reason for us ever to talk again in the future once our divorce is final and i want to get to that point asap.... Thank you for your encouragement. I just feel hurt and let down ....
Old 09-14-2021, 08:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ugh Kaya. Yep those bad days/weeks can roll on in and leave us down.

Keep hacking away at whatever you have going on.

Big hug
Old 09-14-2021, 11:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, what a let down from the "bride and groom" - that's got to be so disappointing, I hope another contract appears to replace it.

Yes, I suppose being involved in a relationship with a partner that already has children can be a real risk, if the relationship ends you lose those relationships too, that's so hurtful on top of everything else.

Never imagine he is having a great time. He is an alcoholic, so miserable just by addiction's nature and on top of that he is living with his ex-wife's parents. That's all so horrible, yuck!

You on the other hand have your head on straight and you will be fine and will weather this. You mention you have a large expense for your current lease, is it coming up soon, any chance to get out of it sooner?

Old 09-15-2021, 08:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Ugh Kaya. Yep those bad days/weeks can roll on in and leave us down.

Keep hacking away at whatever you have going on.

Big hug
Thank you so much ...
Old 09-15-2021, 08:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Yes, what a let down from the "bride and groom" - that's got to be so disappointing, I hope another contract appears to replace it.

Yes, I suppose being involved in a relationship with a partner that already has children can be a real risk, if the relationship ends you lose those relationships too, that's so hurtful on top of everything else.

Never imagine he is having a great time. He is an alcoholic, so miserable just by addiction's nature and on top of that he is living with his ex-wife's parents. That's all so horrible, yuck!

You on the other hand have your head on straight and you will be fine and will weather this. You mention you have a large expense for your current lease, is it coming up soon, any chance to get out of it sooner?
Thank you so much... Yes I can ... My lease ends in 2 months and rent went up by even $200 more. 1 bedroom apartments here are $1700-$1900 and 2 beds are $2,200-$2,400 so it might be better to stick with the 2 bedroom and try to get a roommate... I wish I had parents I could live with right now.... I want to work less so I can heal my heart...
Old 09-15-2021, 08:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes, those are really steep prices. A room mate would be ideal. Hopefully someone that works away sometimes, a flight attendant!

I wish you had someone to live with right now too to take somewhat of a break. Take as many mini-breaks as you can, do special non-expensive things for yourself as much as you can, a manicure a day at a tourist site, whatever might cheer you up. There has be be reward for all your hard work.