I Know I Am A Slacker!

Old 07-25-2003, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Know I Am A Slacker!

Just wanted to stop in and tell everyone that I am off again to Pensacola without the family this time. This is for work with seminars until noon, but open afternoons.

Thought that it was all blowing open this afternoon, my hubby was having panic attacks and couldn't work, I was trying to pack and keep two extra kids. (that made five) I had to go to Wally World and buy grocery and cleats (football starts while I am gone, hubby has to handle) Then my DRUNK Dad calls to let me talk to some guy that programmed my cell number into my Dad's speed dial on his new cell!! What a joke. It tried to leave Wally World only to find that my oldest (12 years) and his buddy were no where to be found....had them paged twice then finally whistled (ya know with your fingers in your mouth, I know very red neck) in the middle of the store and then they showed up (only 30 minutes later) I got home and was putting away the groceries and found an empty 12 pack in the fridge down stairs. I had a huge knot in my stomach as I walked to the lake to tell hubby I was home, and to my pleasant surprise.....he was sober!!! YEAH His friends had stopped in they drank....he was SOBER!!

Anyway I feel much better about my trip knowing that he made a big step today!

Please forgive me for being selfish and not replying to anyone elses posts I have to sleep, but I promise to be better when I get home......blessing to all,
Constant
Old 07-26-2003, 05:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

********{Constant}}}}}

You sound busy and I sure hope you got some sleep. Enjoy yourself!

Take care.
Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 07-26-2003, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mine drinks alot at the neighbors. I went to my Alanon meeting Monday night and seen his truck at the neighbors again and just assumed he was drinking but when I got home he was sober. He was over there fixing something. He gave me a look like why would you think I was drinking? Well of course I thought that, why wouldn't I? If they ever do get sober it must take a long, long time to trust again.
Summer