Higher power at work

Old 11-11-2008, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awakening

Higher power at work

I don't know why my higher power chooses to take such good care of dd and me. I mean, I spent the first 53 years of my life denying his/her/it's existance. And just like any fair weather friend, it wasn't till alcoholism had brought me to my knees that I chose to reach out to Him. Man it's crazy how He loves us!

Now there have been very big gifts and smaller gifts.....some you'd miss if you weren't paying attention....like this one I'm about to share.

Now when the sh!t hit the fan 2 years ago, I came clean to EVERYBODY. My kid's teachers, counselors, principals, etc.. And I don't know why, but this one principals act of kindness never fails to choak me up. He gets it.

I was wildly trying to find an apartment to move into cause we were losing our house. WE had to be out by Jan. 3, and in a college town, between semesters wasn't a good time.

My search was being made more difficult because dd had been going to her school 2 years already....and I couldn't bear the thought of having to change schools. My dd's 1st grade teacher called me at home...after hours....after her 12 hour day.....to give me this message from her principal..."You tell that man not to worry where he has to move, I'll give his dd a voucher to come here"

Well as it turned out, I wasn't able to find a place in dd's schools "foot print", we were close, but no cigar.

I've been sick and took 2 days off work to recover and of course I had to drag my miserable germy aze to lunch with dd....I don't know why, but they love that.

When I was leaving the building today I noticed the coming changes for spring '09 to the 5 elementry school "foot prints". Guess who is NOW in the proper school district? Wild huh?

Any way just thought I'd share!

Thanks and God bless us all, :ghug3
Coyote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love god shots. When I open myself to the universe, the universe embraces me - it's the best hug, next to that of a child.

I was a daddy's girl for sure. He didn't take me to lunch much when I was little, but the trips to the lumberyard were to die for. During the last year of his illness, we would have a dad/daughter lunch, just the 2 of us, whenever I made the trip back east. I was 34, but still felt like that little girl going to the lumberyard.

Glad you're feeling better, glad you dragged your aze to lunch and most of all, glad it all worked out. Enjoy your new home.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by denny57 View Post
but the trips to the lumberyard were to die for.
I'm sure she's forgotten building a screen porch on the back of the house. She was about 3 and I'd take her sat morn after breakfast to local mom-pop lumber yard.

We were diong the rafters, 2x10x18 footers. Could only carry 3 at a time, so heavy and the only way to load them was tailgate up and across the cab. That left 4 or 5 feet hanging over each way.

I had 2 rachet straps and would put her up in the back after we loaded up. The guys at he lumber yard were amazed. She'd wrap that strap, go unter the boards (perfect height) hook it to the far side tiedown and bring me the other end.

I think I only had to show her once. Ha!

One time I was too busy to hold her up to the water fountain. I turned around and she had taken a stepladder from a display across the room and was helping her self. The place was full and they were all very impressed! Ha! good times!

Thanks and God bless us all, :ghug2
Coyote

P.S. God shots, mind if I borrow that?
Old 11-11-2008, 03:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coyote21 View Post
P.S. God shots, mind if I borrow that?
i stole it from al anon so sure!