its either drugs or alchohol

Old 07-25-2003, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

its either drugs or alchohol

Hi everyone
my name is michelle, my husband was a recovering alcohlic
and is now using drugs and alcohol, i recently found a crack pipe on him he has been paranoida and dillusional and i dont know what to expect next i am a recovering alcoholic myself i have 11 years i knew that when i married him there was a chance of one of us falling off but its been 3 years now!! our insurance wont cover for rehab and he wont go anyway. he is up and down its like every couple months something bad will happen and then he slows down or gets better at hiding it for a while until he gets real bad again i dont know much about crack but i know its bad news and dont think he will be able to quit on his own. we dont have money so i cant send him to rehab and pay for it.
and i felt like i was forcing him to go to meetings. and i wont do that it has to be his choice and he has to want it!!
Old 07-25-2003, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Michelle.

When your husband is ready to give up his using, he will find a way. Until then all you can do is take care of yourself. Have you looked for local alanon or naranon meetings? It helps to be able to share with and listen to others who are living with similar difficulties.

The former user in my life was a crack user. I know how devastating it is both on your emotions and your finances. But there is help for those who want it. What you have to decide is how much you're willing to take until he decides he wants that help... if he does.

Keep posting!
Hugs,
Smoke
Old 07-25-2003, 02:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
believer

Hi Michelle and welcome.

I can't add much to what Smoke already said, other than to let you know I understand what you're going through. My husband is also a crack addict and living with his addiction has not been easy. But there's always hope and since you've both had a taste of recovery, hopefully your husband will take the necessary steps to find his way back.

Check out the power posts at the top of the boards. It has a lot of valuable info.

Take care and keep coming back

Hugs,
JG