Twitchy ? ?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Twitchy ? ?

I recently met a nice guy , I am not ready for any sort of relationship , thank goodness I spotted a couple red flags before I put myself out there !

I am just oversensitive and possibly looking for more red flags ? LOL I shouldn't always be looking for all the bad but oh well ...

But I noticed that when it is later in the day and he hasn't had his so-called after work drink , he seems kinda twitchy , I'm not sure if I can describe it ? Random arm movements that are sort of twitchy ? Is this some kind of withdrawl thing ? I am sort of new to being close to someone who drinks , I can spot all the signs of drug problems cause of a close family member but I am new to alcoholism issues .

Does anyone know any signs , that would help calm my curiousity .

Thanks .
Old 11-06-2008, 07:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My AH would always get "twitchy" on the third day of not drinking. He decided to switch to only drinking on the weekends in an effort to prove he could "control" it a month ago. Always, on Wednesday night he would have night sweats and his legs and arms would jerk. I mostly noticed this at night, but I did notice some tremors even the day after, and irritability. From what I read there are a wide range of withdrawal symptoms, and for some people none at all. I got lots of info on the "alcoholism" forum.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

My rah husband would shake. Almost like he had a mild case of Parkinsons. He was usually restless as well, not really twitchy. He could have a few things wrong like a nervous tick or cocaine use. Possible but then again he may just twitch. No way of knowing.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trying to find a path

There is a history of Huntingtons Disease in my family. One of the early signs is movement or twitches. My Grandfather who never drank more than 2 drinks a year noticed after a toast he made that the twitches were a little less. So, he started to have a drink in the evening before dinner. He was never drunk or in any other way different from his normal self.

For as long as I remember dinner at my Grandparents house was a big deal and my Grandfather would always recite a poem or tell us a story or in some way enlighten us with his dazzling intellect and well honed wit. The drink helped him prolong this tradition for probably a year or two. He passed away a little over 2 years ago and I miss him very much. But I digress ....

Mewoman, your nice guy may be the biggest raging alcoholic in the great white north, or maybe there is something else. One way to find out though ...

Talk to him if you think he is worth the effort to find out.

By the way, speaking is still a tradition for us at Sunday dinners and we pass it around like a badge of honor and wait for our turns to come up like kids waiting for Christmas.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trying to find a path

Computer acting up. Please ignore this one.

;-)
Old 11-07-2008, 12:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mewoman, your nice guy may be the biggest raging alcoholic in the great white north, or maybe there is something else. One way to find out though ...

Talk to him if you think he is worth the effort to find out.

Agree with sslusser, if you need to know, have a chat.
God bless