My Update

Old 11-05-2008, 05:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DII

My Update

It doesn't get easier. I made the decision to divorce mt AW and things are getting crazy. I'm at the end of a five year journey and I am confident in my decision to move on. Problem is my AW is not. I went out of town for business and she decided to tell my 15 year old son about it while I was gone! Never mind I had asked her for the past week while I was home that we both talk to him! I got home last night and she was drunk. I have an 18 year old son at college and he is trying to support his brother, focus on school and his life and she is dividing and playing the pity me card to two CHILDREN. It makes me mad and makes the time we will be together in this house unbearable while the divorce is being settled. I have a feeling the mediation we agreed on will blow up as well since she is being irrational.

Thanks for letting me vent!
Old 11-06-2008, 03:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by DII View Post
she decided to tell my 15 year old son about it while I was gone!
Wow, my ex did the same thing. We talked about when would be an appropriate time to talk to the kids and she blurted it out the next time she was drunk.

I know how you feel and what you're going through, just plan on more drama and surprises so maybe you would be so blind sided. That was the hardest time I had to make it through, between the emotional split and physical split. I was jumping through hoops to keep the kids insulated as best I could. Good luck, keep posting and get support through therapy, meetings, friends... use all that's available to you to get through this.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

:ghug3 ((((DII)))) You sound much stronger, and more certain than in your previous posts. I'm sorry that you and your boys are going through this, and I can completely relate.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DII

Update 2,

Now she's drinking my Son's Listerine and telling me she hasn't been drinking! What does that stuff do to your body anyway? She has been having severe stomach problems. She spent the last two nights at her Mom's house and tells me that she feels like she is sick from drinking but hasn't so it must be "emothional" sickness since she is so stressed about me telling her I made a Medition appointment for our divorce.

INSANITY RULES!
Old 11-10-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trying to find a path

DII

There never seems to be a lack of drama does there. I can remember my AW standing in front of me trying to stay standing and then in an unbalanced moment proceed to knock over everything in arms reach. She was really mad when I asked her if she had been drinking because obviously she had hurt her leg earlier in the day and was having trouble standing!

What does that stuff do to your body anyway?
I would say it give you stomach aches by the sound of it.

Do you and your son have to stay there while this goes on? Can she stay at her mothers until the divorce is final?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
DII

She is at her Mother's house. Actually her Mom took her to the ER tonight for a detox.....the drama continues.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hate drama! It wears me out. Try to stay strong and take care of yourself, I know the stress can be unbearable, I'm feeling a bunch myself.